Chapter 31

!!TW!! R*pe is going to be mentioned again. giving a warning for the people that find R*pe a sensitive topic.

=Ricardo's POV=

We were waiting outside of the abandoned building when Zoey said to meet up. It's already been 40 minutes, and she hasn't come. I'm starting to think she was tricking us, but luckily we have men surrounding us and this building, so at least we're safe.

"It's already been 40 fucking minutes. Where the fuck is she?" Zack groaned while checking his phone.

"Fucking traitor, I was starting to like her," said Bryan. We all looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was starting to like her," he said.

"As a friend?" asked Wade.

"No." We all stayed silent and continued waiting for her.

I can't even explain how betrayed I feel right now. I thought Zoey was family, but she's just a backstabbing bitch. How can she do that to the only girl who helped her and me? I picked her up off the street. No, wait, let me rephrase that. I kidnapped her from the streets to help her. I gave her a home, food, and protection; I taught her how to defend herself; and most importantly, I gave her love. But what bothers me more is the fact that I didn't know what she was planning. I didn't even suspect that she was lying all this time. I've got to admit, she's a good scamp at hiding things.

"Everyone stay alert; this could be an ambush," I yelled.

"Don't worry, Ricardo, this isn't an ambush," someone said. I knew that voice very well.

"Where is Alex?" I said, glaring at her.

"She's fine. Now let's talk," she said. She came up in front of all of us with someone behind her. All of my men pointed their guns towards her. I never thought I would see my gang pointing their guns towards another gang member. But she was never one.

"Chill, I'm not going to do anything," she said.

"Give us back Alex, bitch; I won't hesitate to shoot the living crap out of you," said Zack, pointing his gun at her.

"I know you won't, but please, I just want to talk," she said, raising her hands.

"Let us see Alex first," I said.

"Fine, brother, can you please go get her?" she said, looking back at the dude behind her. He nodded and left.

"Brother?" I asked her.

"Yes, he is my brother."

"Since when?" I asked.

"Since forever. Listen, I know I have a lot to explain, but if...,"

"Yes, you have a lot to explain to Zoey. I thought I could trust you; I was even starting to think you liked me." Bryan said, interrupting her.

"Bryan, I had to do this," she said, walking closer to him; he immediately took out his gun and pointed it at her. She scoffed.

"Oh, come on, you don't even know how to use that," she said.

"You sure?" He smirked and shot a bullet right next to her head. It landed on the tree behind her.

"Next time, I won't miss," he said. She backed away a little but didn't say anything. Knowing her, I know she's not scared, but she is trying to stay alive.

"I got her," the dude came back carrying Alex. She looked okay, thank goodness. I immediately went up to get her, but Zoey pointed a gun at Alex.

"You can let me down, you know," Alex said. She sounded tired.