Chapter 28

Wendy's P.O.V

Mark seemed nervous at first, it was weird, he should be a hundred per cent sure that he'll win against me, my powers were never the type to be made for combat. So why was he nervous? But I almost instantly noticed why.

He was scared to hurt me.

I guess no one seemed to believe I could win this fight. None of us threw any attacks at all, we both just stood there and stared at each other. We both were scared. Him because he was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle his strength, and me because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to handle mine.

Ironic really, we both were terrified of our abilities. It does show that being powerful isn't as glamorous or great as people would label it.

The audience was getting impatient, and I felt my fear slowly rising. He seemed so pure and innocent, he's a close friend of Yeri's and not to mention Transformers High and Majestic Academy have such great friendships. He's a nice person, I don't know what I would do if something horrible were to happen to him because of me.

In a flash I was on the ground, groaning from the pain that was shooting up my left arm. I was shot by an energy ball. I heard some students in the far distance laughing at my weak state, but I could sense Mark hated it. He didn't want to do this to me.

I smiled at the thought. Oh, how innocent he is. He barely knows anything about the world or people. He's like a kid with no knowledge of adult life. It made me find him cute, it made me feel sort of protective over him even though we only had a difference of two years between us. As of right now though as he fired attacks at me I couldn't find him anywhere near cute or innocent.

I sensed the worry my members and Bangtan had for me. I shouldn't be surprised, they all think I'm worthless too. I could almost feel Irene crying but holding back her tears. They all were worried for me. But then all of that was masked by the intensity of Professor Du's aura. Our eyes met right before I was shot with another energy ball. As I got up I looked at her again, feeling her dominating aura spread throughout the arena.

She stared at me blankly. But I knew what that gaze meant.

Fight.

I got up from the floor as he hit me again, I had lost count of how many times he had managed to fire at me. The MC was starting to lose compliments for Mark, he barely had anything left to say. Since he didn't want to bash me too much, he ended up just doing a bunch of expressions instead.

Mark looked at me with a worried glint in his eyes. His eyes said the same thing as Professor Du did, fight, but he seemed so much more gentle with it. As if he was begging me to get up and hit him a few times.

"Fuck he's so nice. I wish he would just be a little bit more mean so I could at least enjoy beating the crap out of him." I said to no one in particular.

I closed my eyes and reached out my right hand to the side. Mark stopped moving, curiously staring at me. I tried my best to stand my ground but it was hard with all the energy balls he had hit me with earlier. I was already quite weakened.

The ground shook a little bit, people were confused as always. They didn't know what was happening, even the MC was carefully gazing at me, watching my every move. They thought it was a small earthquake so some even stood up carefully to leave. No one expected it was me who caused that.

I opened my palm and extended it towards one of the poles that held the Majestian flag on it. The ground now shook violently as people noticed the pole being pulled out bit by bit from the ground. There were cracks on the ground and people were holding onto their seats and each other for support.