9.02

Two months after the crash

"Good morning. First day back, honey." Mark pressed a kiss to his sleepy wife's cheek. "Excited?"

Helena groaned a bit, as she was woken up, then turning in her bed to kiss her husband's lips. "Uh, I guess." She let out, her voice sleepy.

"Are you sure you wanna get back this quick? I'm still gonna stay home for two more weeks, I'm still not cleared to go back to work." Mark questioned, as the small girl rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, I- Arizona needs someone she knows to run the peds service." She explained as she got up from her bed, pulling on an old T-shirt.

"That's not what I asked, doll. Do you want to?" He corrected, as Helena moved to their wardrobe, pulling out some jeans and a sweatshirt.

"I..." She trailed off, as she stared at the wall. "I don't really know what I want anymore." Then, she turned back to Mark, putting on a small, sweet smile. "But I'm thinking maybe getting back to normal will help. I-I just can't lay in bed all day anymore, j-just thinking about it."

"Ok." Mark agreed, though his eyes were filled with worry.

The small girl moved closer to him, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Now, get back to sleep. You just got discharged, you need to rest. I'll get home early to take you to physical therapy, ok?"

"I love you, Lee." He exhaled. This time, it was filled with something more, something like 'thank you for not being dead'.

"I love you, too. Call me if you need anything."

——

At lunch, Helena sat with Meredith and Jackson, picking at her salad as she muttered. "It's so weird. I was half expecting everyone to still be here when I got back."

"I know." Meredith chuckled. "It's been like this for the past days, it's way too quiet."

"It's like half of us have left." Jackson agreed. "First Cristina, then April..."

"You really doing the intern appy?" Alex asked, sitting by the group and talking to the blond.

"Oh, is that today?" Helena perked up in her chair. "I mean, it's only the interns' third day, right?"

"Yeah, well, ours was in our first shift." The blond shrugged, before turning to the ortho resident. "Jealous?"

"He's too busy just doing the interns." Jackson teased, a small smile forming in Helena's lips. "I guess some things never do change, uh?"

"Are you gonna say goodbye to your fan club before you leave?" Meredith asked, Alex sassing right back.

"I've been saying goodbye all day." He fist bumped the other man. "They're gonna be sad to see me go, you might have to step up, Avery. Comfort them a little."