Chapter 14

Jeremy had enjoyed his date with Tyler, but the enjoyable night was ruined when he had returned home and found the scene. He had seen Luka on the floor, the candles lit and the bowl of water next to him while Bonnie sitting above him, holding his head in her lap with Caroline peering over into his face when they had seen him. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His magic was crawling underneath the surface and he couldn't afford to get out of control the second time in one day. He tried his very best to keep calm and collected, even though he was burning with rage inside.

Bonnie rushed to explain, saying : "h - he fainted and me and Caroline were trying to help him" she gasped as she tried to defend herself. But Jeremy wasn't having any of it. "You know what, I'm glad that you chose my house to carry out your little scheme," he started as he walked closer to them and bent down so that he was eye level with them. "So that I could catch you right in the act" he said cooly. Caroline started to get nervous and shifted around a little.

Jeremy noticed this and scoffed. "Starting to get a little nervous there, little vampire?" he asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm as the girl looked at him shocked. "You two," he addressed the two in a calm but dangerous tone of voice. Stefan was with Elena at the lakehouse, Jenna was at her university and uncle John was who knows where but he didn't really care. The house was free at the moment and he was going to be making good use of the time.

"You two are going to go home. Right now" his voice left no room for any sort of arguments. Caroline tried to protest but Jeremy just held up his hand, silencing her. "Go home. Right now. I made a stupid mistake in trusting you two, now look what you've done" he said with disgust as the two got up to leave, not wanting to be in his presence any longer. After they had left he sighed softly and rubbed at his temples, trying to think of what to do. Unfortunately, he never had Dr Martin's contact details so he couldn't do anything.

Suddenly Luka awoke with a gasp and frantically looked around. "W-why did I say those things?!" he practically screamed in a panic and Jeremy quickly lunged at the other teenager and gripped his shoulders, trying to make him come to his senses. "Hey, hey, look at me—" he said, trying to make the teenager look at him. Luka finally looked up at him with a confused expression written over his face. "You're OK. Everything is going to be OK" he said, but it sounded fake to his ears.

He didn't know what Bonnie had done, but whatever it was, it was serious and must have messed him up quite a bit. Luka shook his head rapidly, breathless. "No, you don't understand!" he yelled, jumping up onto his feet. "She made me reveal everything, he's going to kill me!" he said in a panic, trying to find his things. Jeremy was increasingly confused and he also got up, his eyebrows furrowing. "About what?" he asked softly. Did he even want to know?

Luka sighed and picked up his bag, fiddling with the strings. "Bonnie made me reveal everything. She put me underneath a spell so that I'd tell hey that I was working with Elijah," he explained. The only reason why he revealed this was because Jeremy had been introduced to him and his father, Elijah with them. Jeremy took a step forward. "There's something that you're not telling me. Tell me the truth, Luka. What's going on," he said seriously, his eyes boring into the other witch.

Luka's heart hammered in his chest and he started to feel faint. He licked his dry lips and turned to run out of the house."I can't.." he whispered hoarsely. Jeremy wasn't going to be letting him get away. He waited for a few moments before he quickly snuffed out the candles and put the bowl of water away before he rushed outside and jumped into his truck. Thankfully he remembered where the father and son lived so he would be able to locate them quickly.

He turned the ignition on and sped down the road. He had to get answers. There was something going on, he could sense it in his soul, it was creeping through his system like a disease, eating him from the inside out. He felt like he couldn't breathe, his heart was beating so fast he thought that it was going to jump out of his chest due to the pressure. After what felt like hours but in reality was just minutes, he arrived at where the Martins lived. He quickly parked his car on a small side road and prayed that it didn't get stolen as he jumped out and locked it.

If he was more advanced in his magic he probably would have done some sort of invisibility spell to cloak it but he'd probably forgot where it was and there was no time for that now. He raced into the apartment complex and sped up the stairs, almost tripping up the stairs in his haste to get to his destination. He soon arrived on the correct floor and raced down the corridor, almost slamming into the door. He burst it open and gasped in horror, his knees almost giving out as he could no longer support his weight on his feet.

It was Luka. Burnt to a shrivel, lying on the floor with his distraught father searching frantically for a way to try and bring him back. His young face was almost unrecognisable as it had succumbed to the flames. A young life had been taken too soon. Way too soon. But it was too late. There was nothing that could be done. The spirits wouldn't permit to bring him back Dr Martin was scrambling through his books, tears running down his face and sobs bursting from his chest, mumbling incoherent latin incantations, fruitlessly trying to search for some dark spell to grant his child's life. He had already lost one child and now he had lost another. He regretted performing the spell to attempt to dagger the noble Original.

 He selfishly had put his sons life at risk and now he payed the price. But he knew one thing. The Mikaelson family brought nothing but pain and death to whoever they came in contact with. Everything and everyone they touched destroyed. He looked like a wreck. This man had just lost his son and all he could do was watch. The man suddenly snapped his head up and his eyes were filled with pain and sorrow. Then his expression quickly turned to anger as he stormed forward and grabbed his collar, shaking him so hard that his teeth rattled. His dark, stormy eyes held nothing but vengeance as he looked down at the boy as if he was the dirt and filth underneath his shoes.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" he roared, shouting right into his face and Jeremy winced his eyes, filling up with tears as it suddenly hit him that the young witch was dead and he wasn't coming back. He choked back a sob. He had to be strong. "No, it was Bonnie —" he tried to protest but Dr Martin just growled loudly and threw him towards the side before storming out of the apartment, grabbing his jacket on the way out. Jeremy crouched down and tried not to look at Luka's burnt body. He winced and his eyes blurred up with tears.

He had only met him for a short while but he hoped that he would be friends with the young witch. He knelt by his body and cried, praying that he would be at peace in the afterlife. His life had been taken away from him harshly and he deserved peace. After he prayed he grabbed the couch blanket and draped it over his body and arranged it in a proper manner. He didn't know what to do.

He would have to bury him if his father never had the mental strength to bury his son - every parents' worst nightmare. No parent should have to bury their own child, especially if they were so young.

He was briefly reminded of his past life. He had to be buried but then he was reborn - would the same thing happen to Luka? If it did happen, it wouldn't happen until thousands of years later. He tried to calm himself down the best he could before he wrapped his jacket around himself. He suddenly felt very cold. He decided to make his way to the Grill. What a horrible day.