Chapter 6 | Carol and Sister Krone

"This is Carol, one of your new siblings." Mama smiled down at the little child in her arms.

...We have another sibling to save! On top of that, this lady... The demons' servant, Mama's underling? Another pair of watchful eyes, the second adult, an enemy! Another wall we must overcome.

"Now we have 16 kids under the age of 3 to protect..." Norman thought.

"...And our current enemy is no longer Mama alone." Ray thought.

This just made things a lot more complicated for us.

***

"Okay children, time to go outside and play!" Mama told the younger kids as Krone stood behind her.

"What about you?" Sherry asked.

"I'll join later. Mama must talk with Sister Krone for a moment." She told the young girl.

***

"DAMN IT!" Maiko shouted and punched a tree.

"Things aren't looking great for us. I also don't like the fact that she moved into that room." Ray said.

"That empty room we cleaned. Right smack in the middle of all of our rooms on the second floor." (Y/N) thought.

"Reorganizing the food supply...checking the extra sheets for any defects...we've been tricked into preparing for welcoming a second enemy onto our grounds! It was obvious from those hints... How did I not notice?" Norman wondered aloud.

"Well even if you did, it's not like we could've done anything to stop her from coming. There's no need to-"

"That's not the point though. Mama was intentionally sprinkling hints in front of our faces this whole time! He's right. If she had wanted to truly catch us off guard, she wouldn't have made us do just those 3 chores." Norman explained, cutting (Y/N) off.

"It was entirely possible to guess her next move with what we had...and yet she still caught us off guard! This means... That we've already lost once against her!! "As long as we outsmart Mama alone..." We were being... Completely naive! It's been made clear that we're made clean that we're still in the palm of her hand whether we like it or not. At this rate, the only thing waiting for us in the near future... Is death." Norman thought.

"If we truly want to escape...we have to overcome that mother of ours!"

"But... We also have to remember that even us panicking like this may be part of Mama's plan. "I am above you all in terms of strategic thinking." "I know all of your plans." "Give up." The fact that she's leaving all kinds of hints for us proves that she's trying to intimidate us into submission. If that's the case, we shouldn't be backing down here. As long as we manage to get out of here in the end, victory is still ours. So basically, don't feel bad because that's what the enemy wants. In fact, we should be celebrating right now!" Ray explained.

"Huh?" Emma questioned.

"After all, we have 2 extra sources of information now!"

"Ah!"

"We needed more information anyway. This is exactly what we needed!" Ray said.