Confusion on magic

Bloom POV:

I watched as my sister went up to the vessel, disappointed in myself. I glanced at Musa and Aisha who gave me a weak smile. I sighed and turned back to my sister before seeing her fall to the floor.

"Crystal." I shouted, rushing towards her as multiple people gasped. "Crystal can you hear me?" I shook her as I heard footsteps move towards where I kneeled beside my sister.
"She must of strained her magic too much trying to work it." Miss Dowling stated, crouching across from me.
"What will she be ok?" I asked, panicked.
"She should be. You, bring her to Professor Harvey. Terra, go with him. Tell him what happened. I will follow after this lesson." Miss Dowling stated, pointing at a young boy before standing back up.

I watched as the boy picked up my sister before following Terra away from the circle of students. Aisha and Musa came up to me, the water fairy wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Come on Bloom, sit down. We'll go see her after this class." Aisha stated, tugging me back to our seats.

I just looked ahead, not listening to the rest of the lesson before speaking to Headmistress Dowling.

"It's only the first day." She started, after taking a bit from an apple.
"I'm either on the verge of killing everyone or I can't even light a match." I stated.
"You just need a clear mind. Distractions can cause magic to be erratic." She finished before moving away from me.
"Am I a changeling?" I asked.
"Where did you hear that?" She asked, turning back to face me.
"My roommate saw me lose control when I had a hard time that I come from a long dormant fairy bloodline."
"Bloom...."
"Would it of been so hard to tell me that my parents aren't even my parents. That Crystal isn't my actual sister." 
"I didn't want to burden the two of you with too much too quickly."
"So instead we learn from a group of teenagers. The most gentle and reliable source of information."
"I admit it wasn't ideal."
"You think....."
"Tone." She interrupted me.
"Do you even know who my real parents are? Is crystal my biological sister?" 
"No, to both. Now if you excuse me, I have to attend to a student, perhaps you should be doing the same." She stated before leaving me alone.

Dowling POV:

I sighed and took a deep breath before entering the informatory. I watched as Harvey dapped a cloth on Crystals head before moving from beside her.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked, moving more into the room.
"There's a blockage of some sort in her magic." Harvey stated, putting a bowl on his desk.
"Do you know how?" I asked, looking at Crystal as she lay there asleep.
"Not yet, but I will figure it out." He nodded, looking up at me.
"Memories." I mumbled.
"Sorry?" He asked, only to be interrupted as the door opened again.

I looked to see Saul walking through the door with a look of concerned. He looked at me and Harvey before looking at Crystal. He cleared his throat and moved towards us.

"I heard from students that a first year fairy collapsed today at the circle of stone." He stated as he stopped walking.
"Yes, she's currently resting." Harvey nodded before turning back to me, "What did you say before he came in. Something about memories?"
I sighed and looked at Saul before turning back to our long time friend.
"I'm positively certain that Crystal," I pointed at the student on the bed, "is our daughter." I gestured to Saul and I.
"But she was taken years ago." Harvey said in confusion.
"Yes, she was. But she was in the human world, the same family as the changeling." I explained as Saul moved closer to Crystal.
"And her memories?"
"Are gone. The person who took her must of taken them or something." Saul explained from Crystals bedside.
"Right." Harvey said, writing something down something. "I'm glad you found her." He smiled at us before moving towards her to check on her.

I turned as the door opened again to see Bloom walk through with Musa, Terra and Aisha. She looked at us all before seeing Crystal lying on the bed. 

"How is she?" She asked as she rushed to her bedside.
Saul moved and leaned against the wall beside the bed.
"Still asleep." Harvey stated.
"What was wrong with her?"
"I'm not sure. Is she on any medication at all?" 
"She's on sleeping pills to help her sleep." Bloom explained as Saul and I moved closer to hear her.
"Why is she on them?" I asked.
"After the fire incident she couldn't sleep. Our parents brought her to the doctor and she was prescribed with sleeping pills. She's used them ever since." Bloom explained, looking between the three of us teachers.
"How long ago was that?" Saul asked.
"About two years now."
"Has she had any mishaps with magic since you got here? Or perhaps since she was prescribed with them" Harvey asked.
"The day you lost control Bloom. She got scared and ended up loosing control herself." Aisha stated.
"Yeah, that was it, she never used her powers after they helped keep her safe." Bloom nodded, looking at Harvey, "Why?"
"I think I know what may be the cause of the blockage." He announced, looking at me before turning to Saul.
"Which is?" Saul asked.
"Her sleeping tablets. Sleeping tablets help you sleep and switch off basically, in simple terms. Side effects can be slowing of mentality among other things. Our magic is done purely on feelings, which is part of mentality. I think her tablets may have caused a disruption on her magic which would of been why she couldn't use them unless she felt such a strong emotion such as fear." Harvey explained to us, looking at the 6 of us individually.
"But she needs those tablets in order for her to sleep. Can't she just not have magic. I mean her health is more important then some magic she can live without." Bloom stated in an 'obviously' tone.

"That can be dangerous Bloom. Her magic isn't dormant, it's just slightly off. When she feels strong emotions it could be dangerous for anyone around her. She could severally injure or kill someone accidentally." Aisha explained to her, causing Bloom to turn to the three.
"No, she needs those sleeping pills, she can't sleep without them. Trust me, before them she used to barely sleep with the nightmares and terrors. They are helping her."
"No Bloom, they're not. She could be a danger to everyone with no control of her powers." Terra said.
But.........."
"We can try her without them and if she needs them I can supply her with an antidote that should help her with the sleeping." Harvey suggested, trying to ease the concerned girl.

Bloom looked at him in shock before looking down at Crystal as she groaned softly. I looked at Saul before moving towards the bed, ready to explain everything to my daughter.