CHAPTER 10

The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; Steve and Alayna walk into Fury's office.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve says threateningly.

" I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." Alayna's father said nonchalantly.

Alayna remained silent as she watched her lover and her father argue. She knew that her father could feel her stare. She could tell from his shadow. He knew that she hated when he lied, to her especially.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve continued.

"I'm not obliged to do anything."

"Those hostages could've died, Nick." Steve said.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history, and the best shield agent I have to make sure that didn't happen."

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns." Steve said staring at Nick.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Nick said staring at Alayna as if he was trying to prove a point.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own." Steve said.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all." Nick Fury smirked.

"Except you." Alayna spoke up.

That  had everyone silent for a moment. 

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that."

"Steve wait outside, I need to talk to my father." Alayna said, angry.

Steve did as was told, to scared to do anything else.

Their was a eary silence between the father daughter duo for a moment 

"Alayna-" 

"No it's my turn to talk." Alayna said as she moved from leaning on the wall.

"Your a liar. You lied about phase 2 and now you lie about this, is there anything else you should tell me Dad? Or should I even call you that anymore? Is there some other secret I should know about? Or are you going to keep me in the dark like you do with everything else!" Alayna practically screamed at him. All he could do was sit and watch as his daughter's powers started pulling on the shadows of things all across the room.

"I hope your happy with how the mission went because people could have died because of your stupid Shield Intel." Alayna said as she slapped the hard drive on his desk.

She stepped back and sighed. 

"You know I really wish you would tell me something, Dad. Even if it's just how your day was going, but every spy has his secrets, even ones he keeps from his own family." 

"Ala I never meant to do anything to hurt you." Her father said. "Have some water, you'll calm down."

Somehow Alayna knew he was lying. She also knew that something was wrong and, he would never tell her. She took the water anyway downing it all.

They then call Steve in as Fury steps into an elevator with them following behind him.

"Insight bay." Nick Fury said.

"Captain Rogers does not have clearance for Project Insight." A computer said.

Suddenly Alayna was hit with something that made her stumble, Steve catching her before she hit the floor. Propping her back up and looking at her worriedly.