Chapter 8

Miles's POV

"I need to go home." I took all my stuff  scattered on my desk. All our classmates left already but he asked me to stay.

"I need to finish these before going home. I hate doing assignments at home." Cade told me.

"Then do it if you want to, I am heading first." I stood up carelessly but he grabbed my hand tight.

"Let's go to my hangout place." He took my bag before I even answered him. We used the elevator to the sixth floor and entered the room on corner.

"What is this place?" It was like a studio-type room. It has a bed, a couch and a small dining area.

"My resting place. My grandfather made this for me. The other room is for Pink but she is still in high school so she never goes to this building. If you can't find me in the classroom, you can look for me here."

"Don't worry, I have no intention of looking for you." He should stop this joke already. He is handsome but I don't like him. I want a simple life and being with Cade is something I never wanna try even in my dreams.

"Yeah, maybe because we will be together all the time." The hell?

"Stop it now. I need to go. I don't like you. I will never like you."

I looked at him and he is just dangerously quiet. I don't know what he is thinking about. In my head, I want him to just argue with me like the normal Cade that I know.

"I called for Mayka to send you home. I can't do it for now because I am busy."

"Stop calling my brother. He is already busy at his work."

"Well, baby his work is to follow us and protect all the members of the clan."

"Then ask him to protect you. Stop ordering my brother to send me home. I can go alone."

"Remember what happened to you days ago? I just want you to be safe because you will be part of the Kirigun soon."

What did he say?

"Talk to me in the manner that a normal person can understand. You keep on spitting nonsense."

"You are just slow, Miles. Nevermind, just wait for your brother."

I didn't listen to him and opened the door.

"Don't let anyone, step out of the door." Is he talking to me?

Syd show up in front of me and closed the door. I pushed it again.

"Syd, can we talk? It will be just quick." I told him as I try to open the door.

"Later." He whispered then closed the door.

Why are his guards keeps on popping out of nowhere? They are like mushrooms.

"Do you like that guy?"
Am I obvious?

"Well, I..."

"You better not. You won't like what might happen to him when you continue liking him." He is still not looking at me. "Are we clear?" He grinned. He is really evil.
"Just stay for a while, I changed my mind. I'll send you home instead."
Cade is unbelievable. I was just absent for two days and now he has declared already to everyone that we are boyfriends. He didn't even say that he likes me and I am pretty sure that I don't like him too.

"Be quick, I need to take a nap before my schedule of studying." I hissed.

"The couch is huge. You can sleep here." He tapped his side.

"Can I be honest to you, Cade? I do not like you and there's no way I am going to like you. I like someone."

"And that someone works for me. You should know that he will never dare to steal what's mine. Don't worry you'll like me soon." He packed up his stuff and grabbed me again in my hand.