National

TW:

Specs POV
I groaned and shut my laptop, rubbing my eyes. I had been researching for hours about our news problem. All of it led to a dead end. I jumped when my phone randomly buzzed and picked it up to see a face time from Romeo. I answered it and put on a smile.

"Wow, okay, you look tired." Romeo immediately said.

"I'm not, just my eyes." I replied, shrugging it off.

"How long have you been staring at the screen?" Romeo asked. I squinted at the clock.

"Three and a half hours." I responded.

"That is not good." Romeo chided.

"I know, but I want to find a way to fix the whole bribed news station problem!" I vented.

"We all do," Romeo agreed. "I have to go for a little, I'll call you back in a second okay? And if I am not able to, remember that you don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. You don't even have to carry the weight of the nation." Romeo said supportingly, before blowing me a kiss and ending the call.

I sat my phone down and looked at the ceiling, replaying his words. Weight of the nation? Nation. National. National television. The realization hit my like a truck. We could send all this to a national news station! Not even Pulitzer could stop them from running it!

I quickly booted my computer up again and started to look up different news stations. I found their 'contact us' button easily and copied the email. I began to email Katherine to get a copy of all of the gang's materials, when my phone rang once again.

"Im back! Oh that's an idea face. What was the idea?" Romeo said, beginning to sound excited.

"What if we took our story to national news. It could totally make it into headlines, and NOBODY would be able to stop it from running." I explained, watching as my beautiful boyfriend's beautiful face lit up.

"That could work! Oh my god you are so amazing and smart!" He gushed, which caused me to blush.

"You were the one who gave me the idea, so you helped!" I argued, but Romeo shook it off.

"You had the idea. Own up to it. Now let's tell the others. I'll just make a group face time." Romeo said. He then ended the call, and a few seconds later I got the notification for our gang's gc having a face time. I joined on and waited until everyone's face was on the screen.

"What? Why did you call this, Romeo?" Albert asked.

"I called it for Specs to share something," Romeo answered, barely containing his excitement.

"And that is...?" Jack asked.

"I know how we can get our story to run." I answered. This created a barrage of questions and excited yelling.

"Oh my gosh guys, let him actually say the idea!" Spot yelled, finally getting everyone to quiet down. I explained what I had told Romeo moments before, and everyone listened silently.

"We can do that!" Sarah exclaimed.

"I'll send you copies of all of our things," Katherine said while grabbing her laptop. I smiled, gratefully, and thanked her. We then started working out some of the logistics I hadn't thought of.

We decided on sending it to two different stations first, so we would have a back-up. Both of these news stations covered nationally, and didn't seem to have many exciting things going on. I hit send on the emails and everyone cheered.

People slowly trickled out of the face time, and I left soon after. I was smiling like an idiot as I walked out of my room.

"I assume something good happened?" A voice asked.

"LUCIA!" I said excitedly, before running to give her a hug. Lucia was my sister, who was in college, so we didn't get to see each other too often.

"Hey Sam- wait no. Specs, right?" She asked, and I nodded. "What were you happy about?" I led her to the couch and started explaining everything that had happened. When I finished we decided to watch a movie. As the starting credit played, I thought. Today was really a great day.