Ch-11: The war of the dark ages

Amy's POV

Liam stepped forwards.

He came towards me, with anxiousness glowing in his eyes. That nervousness was arguably normal for a person, but I found it rather awful and awkward, as it harmed the quality of one-to-one communication between us.

We needed to discuss some stuff for sure, because as far as I knew Liam, there was no way he would get out of that room, without me telling him something.

"Can we....talk seriously for a while?" his eyes were fixated on mine as if they made a vow not to move until Liam got his answer back.

I wasn't gonna tell him straight away the information about who I was, what I was, and What was my real intention behind coming here and making friends with Liam was, but the way he looked at me as if he was browsing deep into my soul, I had to make the decision to give him something, at least for the sake of our friendship.

"Okay." yes, I was annoyed.

Yes, I was really mad at him for what he just did but I didn't want to continue the argument or rather increase it to the point when it would become weird.

After all, I came to Beacon Hills being needy of a hand, and Liam was the one who helped me, without him knowing that he did it.

So, it felt that justified for me to give him something back in favor.

"Ok...ok...good" He stammered. He was breathing heavily, but his eyes showed a sense of relief after my affirmation.

"Look, It's two hours past midnight. Can you..." he paused. "....can you please explain what the hell is going on?" he stared with those leafy green eyes of his.

"That's the worst part. I mean... where do I even start?" I rolled my eyes and slid my unmanageable and messed-up hair out of my face, knowing that he messed up something very important that I was almost done completing.

"Abduction of children?"

"I know I might sound sketchy..but I promise that's not me.."

"wow..you sure do sound sketchy.."

"no, I don't.."

"yes, you do.."

" no, no no...Dunbar... it's not what you think this is..this is not a stupid child's game..this is the very beginning of a war..the kinda stuff which never stops ...maybe externally it does so..but some wars are always imminent deep inside of us.."

But a part of me, who had known Liam for some time, felt bad for the reply that I had given to him.

"You do know about the rumors, right? This house? a girl named Karen? Evil? The curse of Nu Karenui?"

"Yeah...I do. Ok here's the thing, I am gonna tell you some really bizarre and out-of-the-box stuff that you are gonna find either unbelievably pathetic or really dumb or just funny."

"Trust me..." He held my hands and pulled them up gently. "..for a town like this, nothing is normal. I know things too."

"Things like what?" I gently slid my hands away from his grip. I was curious.

I saw Liam flinch a little, as the only yellowish dimmed bulb light above our heads flickered. The darkness stole the ability to see things clearly. It was probably because it was heavily raining outside.

We even heard a couple of lightning strikes in the air. The low-lighted room of mine was like a place out of time, it was like a place to rest without consequence.