Chapter 9 - Expulsion

Today was the day, the clash of academics between Class A and Class D. Kamuro woke up from a quite uncomfortable position. She had cried herself to sleep last night. The whole ordeal was too much for her. She was grateful that hashimoto had not pressed even further, because she didn't know what she would have done under that amount of mental stress.

As she looked at the dress she was wearing, she cringed at the odor of beer. She sighed and got up to change her uniform. She looked in the mirror, she looked disastrous and miserable.

She shook her head and made her way to take shower. As drops of water fell from the shower, she just stared lifelessly at the mirror in her bathroom.

After drying her hair, she made her way to the closet. As she opened her wardrobe, she found her clothes to be scattered. It seems her closet was also ransacked by Kitō and Hashimoto. She searched for her other dress, which she found out was still untouched. She sighed and put it on, all while looking at the clock. She had studied enough for the examinations, so she wasn't worried about them at all.

They had submitted the question paper almost a week ago. And Kamuro was positive, that the paper was set on Class A student level. There was no way Class D was getting through them.

As she exited her room she again thought about the ordeal she was caught in. What if Hashimoto asked her about her connection to Ayanokouji?

The day when Kamuro had met Ayanokouji had strictly warned her to stay away from his life. But, she still couldn't get over the fact that she had heard someone describe death so casually. She shook her head from those thoughts, she needed to focus on the other issue.

How did Hashimoto know what happened to her sister? Was he somehow connected to that incident, or was he in her previous school? Many people obviously knew what had happened to her sister. It was not possible to keep it a secret from everyone after all.

As she reached the class she found nearly every Class A student sitting relaxed. It seemed that they had studied quiet well and were confident enough. Kamuro didn't dare look at Hashimoto and made her way to her seat which was just next to Sakayanagi.

She sighed and started to think, did Sakayanagi reveal about the beer she stole. But now that the secret was out should she really follow Sakayanagi?

"Good morning Masumi san."

Sakayanagi's voice broke her line of thoughts. Kamuro didn't bother to look at Sakayanagi and just nodded in acknowledgement. Sakayanagi raised her eyebrows at her strange attitude but didn't comment any further.

Mashima Sensei entered the Class and relayed the instructions to all the students. And soon the papers were distributed and the exams commenced. The paper was very well set by Class D, Kamuro never expected Horikita to be so academically talented.

All the questions revolved around applications, which by no means was easy. As the questions were application based, there was not a single chance of rote learning the questions. So, it took more time than expected for Kamuro to complete her answers. Overall, the paper went very well for her.

But...

Suddenly hashimoto stood up.

"Sensei"

Mashima sensei turned towards the blond boy in confusion.

"What's the matter Masayoshi, I've already collected your Response sheet."

Hashimoto glanced at Kamuro for one split second, his smirk sending shivers down her core. Sakayanagi looked at the scene with her eyebrows furrowed. It seems her own dogs were acting behind her back.