7 - The Archer

Hey author here! Sorry for the late update. To make it up to you, there's a surprise at the end (: 
Ps: there's a lot of scene switches in this chapter. Hopefully it isn't confusing.

Natasha, still confused about the interaction she just had, stepped out the elevator onto the Avenger's commons floor. She plopped down onto the couch, not even noticing the archer watching cartoons next to her.

"You good Nat?" Clint asked.

Natasha shook herself. "Hmm? Oh yeah."

The archer cocked an eyebrow. "You sure?"

"Yeah. I just had a weird interaction with Tony's intern."

"Which one? We're in a whole building of them."

"His intern. Like works with him." Nat tried to explain.

"Huh. What were they like?"

"Young. He was probably 16 at the oldest."

Clint's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah. He was also bleeding when I ran into him?"

Clint's signature mischievous smirk was plastered across his face in seconds. "They in the med-bay?"

"Yeah wh- and he's gone." Nat said to herself, looking up at the swinging vent gate.

-

Clint scurried through the ventilation system like the dirty rat boy he was. Gosh he loved that nickname too much. After sliding down a few levels, he made his was to the vents by the med-bay. He crawled to the voices he heard.

-

"So Mr. Stark,"

"Tony."

"I was thinking about that sensitivity error on the repulsers and I think if you replaced the fuels entry tube, it might work." Peter finished.

"Why don't you just smack it with a wrench?" Said an ominous voice from above.

"AH!" Peter shouted in shock and fell backwards off the cot he was sitting on.

Tony chuckled at the teens feet, currently waving frantically in the air, then threw his pen at the vent above him.

"Get out of my vents Barton."

The gate swung open and a dirty blonde man in Mario Kart sweatpants hit the floor. He quickly got up and brushed off his shoulders like nothing happened.

"Names Clint."

Peter, who had since gotten off the floor, gave a wave. "Nice to meet you Mr. Barton. I'm Peter. I like your pants."

Clint looked down and went a bit pink. "Thanks mate. You play?"

"Oh yeah I'm a Mario Kart GOD."

"Alright that's enough interaction between you two." Tony said, ushering Clint out of the room.

-

Clint got off the elevator onto the commons floor. Natasha was talking to Steve. He spotted the archer first.

"Oh Clint, how'd it go? Nat was just telling me about Tony's intern."

"Oh Peter? He's cool." Clint said nonchalantly.

Nat sighed. "He complemented your pants, didn't he?"

I did art for this chapter :)