Remembrance

A/N: The italicized text in the majority of this chapter is a flashback. Most of the time single lines that are italicized are internal dialogue (seen later in the chapter).

"C'mon it will be fun! Don't you like parties?" Luna's curious voice called to Cassandra as they headed to the Gryffindor common room.

Cassandra desperately did not want to go but, how could she say no to Luna? The doe eyed look as she asked her to go? So Cassandra found herself sneaking down the hall to the party, ineffectually since Luna's earrings had bells on them.

"How on Earth are we to get inside? Do you even know anyone? How—"

Luna turned to her, "Cassandra you are rambling." Luna quickly turned back to skipping down the hall as Cassandra felt Luna slip her hand into hers.

Luna got to the portrait and knew the code, much to Cassandra's surprise. They entered a room of chaos, with various enchanted objects flying around and the loud chatter of music and conversation.

A few people turned to look at them, or Luna's outfit, as they entered and Luna scanned the room for someone.

"Oh there he is! He invited me," Luna said as she pointed towards a boy with short brown hair. The boy turned around and Cassandra's jaw dropped.

"Bloody hell! How did you get an invite from Harry Potter?" Cassandra whisper-yelled as 'the chosen one' himself walked towards them.

"Um hi guys! Brilliant of you to come Luna," He said as he adjusted his glasses.

He turned towards Cassandra and introduced himself. She laughed, "I definitely know who you are but nice to meet you! I'm Cassandra Arcus."

At this time, the two other members of the infamous trio walked up, Hermione giving them both a soft smile and Ron eyeing Luna's dress.

Hermione was the first to speak up, "Welcome! Luna, good to see you again. And it's Cassandra right? I think we had some classes together our third year." Cassandra was thankful for Hermione's kindness as she nodded and she struck up conversation with her.

Cassandra noticed that while Luna had wandered away and Harry was talking to another boy, Ron stayed by Hermione's side. It was so obvious that he had a major thing for her, and Cassandra couldn't help but smile at them.

"Well look who I found!" A tall redhead had come up behind Ron and ruffled his hair, to which Ron was quickly trying to fix.

Cassandra looked at him and felt as if the wind had been knocked out of her. This tall redhead, most likely a Weasley, was one of the fetching guys she had seen and all confidence that Hermione had helped her gain was gone.

Hermione introduced her to him and the boy Hermione called "George" violently shook her hand.

"Well Cass, come and join the big boys! I'll show you some fun!" He grabbed her hand and dragged Cassandra to the fireplace where he called Fred to turn up the music.

He looked down at her and grabbed her hands, and started jumping up and down to the music. She was shocked that anyone could be so bold but, maybe that was the Gryffindor courage.

Pulling her towards him and away again, she found herself a giggling mess. At this he grinned and twirled her around, bringing her back to him. They may have been the only ones dancing but she couldn't remember the last time she had had this much fun.

After the song was over they both flopped down on the couch where he started asking questions, prompting Cassandra to open up to him. They spent the rest of the night talking and laughing, George only leaving her side ever so often to mess with his brothers.

"So Cass, Ravenclaw? How does it feel to lose to us in Quidditch?" George smirked.

"Oh please we are gonna kick your arse!" Cass laughed back at him, the firewhiskey helping her nerves.

"Oh really now?" He huffed, pushing her. Cassandra pushed him back, starting a playful fight which ended with George grabbing both of her wrists in his fist.

Their faces were only centimeters apart and Cassandra felt her blood pressure spike.

"Gotcha..." he breathed out, gazing at her lips.

They both leaned in as someone else plopped down on the couch beside them. "What are you guys doing?" Luna asked as they both moved away from another.

"I'm tired, let's go." Luna pulled Cassandra away from George and the moment was gone.

"Bye Harry, if you have more questions on the Thestrals let me know!" Luna yelled as she skipped out of the common room and the girls started the trek back to the Ravenclaw Tower.

Cassandra couldn't stop thinking about the night, and how she had never felt like that before.

_________

Cassandra had recalled that nothing more happened between them, as their new headmaster, Dolores Umbridge, ended all fun activities.

Sure, she and Luna had joined Dumbledore's Army but she had no idea how to approach him. Would he have even remembered the night? Her? Besides she was sure he was dating someone anyway. So Cassandra had kept her distance from him during his last year, only speaking to him every now and then.

But now things were different, after the war everyone had come together. No more rivalries between houses, no more school altogether.

They had all grown up.

...

"Bloody hell c'mon!" Adrian yanked her arm, forcing her out of her daydream and away from the glowing shop.

The rest of the day had been a blur, Cassandra was not paying any attention to Adrian or whatever activities he had dragged her along to. All she could think was how desperate she was to get home, or more like the route home, to pass the store again. Unluckily, Adrian had chosen a different path, and a rather boring one at that.

Back at home, Adrian was droning on and on about his new promotion at work and how fitting he was for it.

She internally huffed, the damn bastard is quite full of himself.

So full of himself Cassandra was sure he was the person he loved most in this world, barely even registering anyone else.

But for once, this could play to her advantage.

"I think I'm going out shopping tomorrow with Luna," Cassandra lied, keeping her eyes on her book.

Adrian didn't even look in her direction, just mumbled a "sure...sure" before returning to his story about how wonderful he was.

Perfect.

She hatched her plan of sneaking away while he was at work, impulsivity guiding her in her mission.

A/N: Once again a shorter chapter but this flashback is very important to the plotline. Chapter 3 will be up very soon!