M. Fushiguro - Curse of Facades (part two)

Toji Fushiguro.

The man that Megumi hasn't heard so much of a word about practically his whole life, despite sharing the same name.

The man that completely seperated his life from his son, selling him to a world of made up family. It's almost weird to think about, so Megumi doesn't.

Sitting here with you, that name pouring from your lips, gives him a reality check he was unprepared for. You know him. You were in contact with him in some way and Megumi has never said a word to him.

"I'm taking your silence as a yes." You say quietly, leaning back in the booth.

"It's not that easy to comprehend." He replies airily. "We shouldn't talk about this here."

"You're right. Glad you're smart enough to figure that out."

Standing up, you roll your shoulders, telling him to wait until your shift is done. Yeah right, not like he's about to have a breakdown right now.

Do you have information on Toji? He's dead, Gojo killed him, so how does someone your age have a connection with him?

These questions whirled through Megumi's mind as he slowly eats his food. It was good food, but hard to enjoy.

He spends the next hour and a half with his gaze out the window, watching the street grow more deserted as time passes. All the waiters are giving him weird looks, and he's not shocked about that, he just has to wait it out.

Finally, you emerge from the back room, this time without wearing an apron. You make him pay, then signal him to follow you.

"Where are we going?" He asks, trailing behind you with his hands in his pockets.

You turn to face him. "I don't know, you tell me. You're bringing me to your school."

"Since when?"

"Right now! Lead the way, sea urchin."

He scowls, walking in front of you and picking up his pace to try and escape your laugh. God, what did he get himself into. He misses your cute demeanor, despite it being fake. He doesn't know how to handle this version of you.

The walk is silent, cicadas sounding out through the otherwise still air. It was a clear night, the moon casting shadows along the path. Megumi has to admit that he's a little nervous. As much as he assumes he'd be able to deal with the situation if it went south, he doesn't want to be blamed.

You didn't seem hostile, but he's been tricked like this before.

Reaching the border of the school, Megumi pulls out his phone to send Gojo a text. You won't be able to get through without permission, so it's best to get confirmation here.

You step up next to him, looking curiously at the area in front of you. "I never thought I'd see the school in person."

"You know of it though." He says, a plain look on his face.

"Of course. It's not time to talk about that yet."

Footsteps crunch in front of you, and you both turn your gazes to rest on the tall teacher. He's smiling, a pair of rectangular sunglasses covering his eyes.

"Oh~ You must be Gojo?" You say, lifting up a hand to wave at him.

He meets your gaze, and Megumi can feel the weight of his stare as it lands on you. Gojo almost looks confused, an air of hesitation surrounding him. That's probably not a good sign.

"That's me!" He carries on smoothly. "Megumi here told me that you're Y/N, and that you probably have some information to share?"

"Yes, I do. It's a pretty weird situation."