XVI. WIR HABEN GEFICKT UND DER HIMMEL WAR SO STERNENKLAR

My life had become a never-ending party. I wanted music, blaring so loud that I wouldn't be able hear anything over it, and I wanted booze and blood to flood my mouth, drugs and anything else I could get high on. I was careless, reckless - but, I was free, no longer bound to any man, tied down to any place.

Now, when I saw my reflection, it was like I could finally see myself.

Every other time that I'd ever looked at myself, I always thought of someone else, always wondering if someone else saw me as beautiful, trying my hardest to please everyone else before pleasing me. But now, no ones words echoed through my thoughts, not afraid of anyone's judgement, whether or not someone else liked the way I looked, and it was the most freeing thing I'd ever experienced.

My hips swayed with a set of hands leading them side to side, a trickle of sweat falling down the nape of my neck, as I rested my head back against the chest of the same person that had been dancing with me ever since we skipped town together ; Kol Mikaelson.

"I see why my brother's so smitten with you," He said in my ear, to which I rolled my eyes, not wanting to hear another word about Klaus.

After the spell had failed, he and everyone else had been so judgmental, so noticeably up to locking me up until I got my humanity back - yet I was the one that saved them all. If I had my humanity, they all would've been dead. I should've been thanked, but instead Klaus tried to lecture me - like I was his daughter - on what a horrible thing it was that I'd done, how I'd gone too far - I mean, he killed my aunt, he had no right to tell me I'd taken things too far. Besides, wasn't he the one that wanted me to embrace being a vampire? That's just what I was doing.

For the longest time, I was stuck listening to what everyone else wanted for me, and I had lost myself, lost the part of me that enjoyed life, that wanted to live. I couldn't be myself, couldn't be with the person that I loved because I knew it would hurt everyone else, and so I wallowed and I cried, and I loathed myself. And I was so damn over it.

I had put my trust in others, and gotten hurt in the process one too many times, and I realized that there was no one else that I could trust, but me. There was nobody that was going to look out for me like I could, take care of me like I could, pick me up off my feet like I could.

I didn't need anyone anymore.

"Please don't tell me you are, too." I retorted, lifting my head to look up at the band that was playing, watching as one of the members caught a bra that had been thrown at them from somewhere inside the middle of the crowd.

I was tired of Klaus, and anybody else that claimed to have feelings for me - I didn't need them, because they all inevitably betrayed me. Even Stefan, who I had held far above everyone else, like he was made of gold.

Kol chuckled from behind me, clad against my back. "Well, darling," He murmured, as I took a sip of the flat beer in my hand. "if we're being honest, I can't say that I'm exactly immune to your..utility."

A giggle escaped me as I twirled around to face him, throwing my arms over his shoulders, holding my beer in one hand, the other going to his neck. "Are you saying you think I'm pretty, Kol?" I questioned, my lips falling into a playful smirk.

This was how we'd been ever since we left, playful and stupid, flirting with one another shamelessly, an endless banter without any meaning. And it was fun, having your very own partner in crime.