♛ 14

The world is a complex place to live in, especially this world. They were not given clarity when they were born in this world. Instead, they were given paradox. The enigma of the whole point of living this life in this demolished world remains unknown.

They're all aware that their life is not the same as the others. Once they stepped into this school, it's a different world- as if there's a barrier that separates them from the normal human beings.

Of course this has a connection with their parents and social status. Dasom figured that whoever chose to study in this school willingly must be a maniac, therefore their parents must be the ones who assigned them to study here. Mainly for the game of course, but she's more curious of why the game was created.

Because she's so curious about it, there she was, in the lounge with Jeno, Renjun, and Yangyang. It's been almost an hour now and she kept on asking them questions, more like interrogating. 

"But, don't you think it's just insane?"

Yangyang chuckled at her question. "It is," 

He took the apple on the table, taking a huge bite. "But it's not like we voluntarily joined anyways. Most of us, all of us even, including the ones from the other classes are here now because of our parents."

Jeno nods, agreeing with his friend.

"But, why?" Dasom frowned.

"Just think of it as an association," Renjun said as he began to explain it to her. "Our parents all work in the same association, same group. This association is huge, therefore they have branches everywhere around the world. In order to keep the family line going, they put their children in schools that could train them to be like themselves to inherit their family power."

"And what kind of association is this exactly?"

Jeno raised an eyebrow at her. "Aren't you supposed to know about this? Your parents must work in the same association too, different branch maybe but still."

She shook her head. "They never told me anything."

"Phantom Viper. This association is filled with assassins, hitmen, drug dealers, thieves, doctors, and other stuffs like that. They call themselves the Serpents. They're all working under Chevalier, the leader and the founder of the association." Yangyang said.

Dasom was actually surprised by this. She knew her parents' job must involve in murdering and other brutal things like that, but now it's a high chance that they're an assassin. The fact that she never knew or expected this before made her feel like an idiot.

"So you're telling me, my parents are assassins?" She asked.

"They might be. But as I said, there are other branches as well. Not all of them are murderers of course." Renjun said.

Jeno sat beside her, sighing. "It's complicated, I know. But trust me, once you see the other schools you'll be grateful to be in this school."

"There are other schools like this?" Dasom asked, clearly taken aback.

Yangyang looked at her in surprise, giving her the 'are you serious?' look. "Of course! That's why every time someone dies here they can always find the new replacement easily because they're usually transfer students from other schools like this." 

"You're probably from one of those schools too, don't you think?" Jeno asked, turning around to look at her.

The more she thought about it, the more she began to realize that her life is different than from what she imagined. She's just a normal highschooler, but her life is definitely not normal.

Her previous schools were just normal schools in her opinion. Though she did moved a lot back then, she barely remember anything, Especially her childhood, the thing she's most curious about.

She shook her head, letting out a sigh. "I don't remember."

"Then why are you here?" A voice suddenly said, startling all of them.

Mark appeared out of nowhere, as if he was a ghost. Little did they know he's been here all along, he had snuck inside this room when they were busy talking about the game. Even for the observant person like Dasom failed to sense his presence.

Renjun's face immediately went pale upon seeing Mark's face, especially because they talked about the association earlier. "Since when are you here?"

Mark seemed to notice his uneasiness, so he decided to cover everything up with a little white lie. "Like a few minutes ago, why?"

Renjun sighed in relief, shaking his head.

Mark turned his head towards Dasom again with one eyebrow raised, hands folded on his chest. "If you can't remember anything, why are you here?"

Dasom pursed her lips. She'd be lying if she said she knows what she's doing right now. "Because my parents sent me here."

"Then you're just a castaway."

"I'm not!" She denied, she hated being called a castaway. It's not because he's wrong, but because he's partly true and she hated that fact.

"Then prove it. We must focus on the game now. Our main goal is to win, that's all that matters."

ohohohoohohoho what's this