Chapter 21

Of course Elena had turned back to normal. It hadn't even been a full week until she was acting that both had happened. That was the exact reason why Jeremy hadn't fully forgiven her. The only reason why he did in the first place was because of the circumstances. They both were grieving and he didn't want to be so horrible towards her, but she had been horrible towards him all this time not that anyone had really noticed apart from Jenna who finally understood and saw her nieces'' true colours. Jeremy sighed as he flicked through one of Dr Martin' s grimories.

He had been told that Damon had suffered from a werewolf bite and he was currently looking with Bonnie for a cure. After the funeral, Jeremy and Bonnie had patched up their friendship and were on talking terms again. Jeremy was glad because he needed someone on his side, especially with her talents and knowledge in magic, he needed someone to help, considering the Martin witches were no longer with them. Their deaths still sung even though it was over a month ago now. But he had to concentrate. Damon's life was hanging in the balance.

After a while of silence, only the flicking and turning of pages filling the empty void, Bonnie spoke up. "I'm sorry about John. I really tried to talk him out of it but he was dead set on sacrificing himself" for Elena was left unsaid, even though the words hung in the air. Jeremy forced himself to sigh and he rubbed at his temples. "I understand, it's OK I guess," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. Bonnie looked at him with sympathy shining in his eyes and her eyes fell to her text in front of her once again.

"It's been a while since we've last spoken," she started softly. She felt incredibly guilty for having a part in Luka's death and the reveal of all the secrets concerning Jeremy's second identity. She bit her lip softly as she observed his expression. It was neutral - hiding any emotion that could be bubbling up underneath. Jeremy grunted, not meeting her gaze, his eyes fixed on the page in front of him. "It has been a while, yeah," he said with a soft sigh and he drummed his fingers on the table.

"But we'll get through it all, yeah?" he said with a soft smile playing on the edges of his lips. That's what Bonnie liked about Jeremy. She smiled softly and nodded her head in agreement with what he was saying. Even after all what he went through he still remained headstrong, that's what made her fall for him in the first place, until Elena had to sink her claws in and ruin a potential relationship between them.

She understood that Jeremy was with Tyler but it still hurt. But he didn't know what Tyler had bit Damon. She wondered or not whether to tell him. She decided that she would. She had to make him understand that Tyler was a threat and was dangerous.

"Do you know the werewolf that bit Damon?" she spoke up. She observed the way Jeremy's eyebrow shot up and looked up at her for the first time. "It was Tyler," she said. Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at her with confusion clouding his features. "Are you sure that it wasn't another werewolf that had gotten rabid or something like that?" he asked somewhat desperately. Bonnie shook her head. "No, it was Tyler that bit him" he's dangerous. You shouldn't be with him, she wanted to say.

Jeremy suddenly couldn't breathe. An invisible pressure was pressing down on his chest and he got to his feet and rushed out, ignoring Bonnie's cries and exclamations. He needed to get out of the house. He rushed into the woods and sat himself down heavily on a log, trying to calm down his breathing.

— — —

"I heard what happened to Damon," came a voice behind him. It was Klaus. He had been keeping his distance lately since the sacrifice and this was the first time they had spoken. Klaus came closer towards him and sat down next to him, a small smile playing on the edges of his lips.

Jeremy nibbled on his lip. "My boyfriend was the one who bit him and I don't even understand why I'm upset. I don't particularly like him," he gave out a bitter chuckle. "After everything that he's done, I still feel sorry for him because he's dying and I can't find a cure, " he said with frustration, balling his hands into fists, digging them into his lap. "He's dying.." he whispered softly as his voice trailed off, fixing his eyes on his trainers in front of him.

Klaus gently reached out to him and rubbed his back up and down, smiling softly in satisfaction when he felt the younger lean into the touch. Suddenly Jeremy shot up, realisation dawning on his face. "Wait!" he jumped up, snapping his fingers, pacing up and down. "You're the hybrid now, surely your blood is the cure for a werewolf bite? Since now that you are both half werewolf and half vampire?" he whispered softly, his voice and expression filled with hope as he turned around to look at him. Klaus was speechless.

He was about to tell him that his blood was the cure himself but the younger had beat him to it. It was safe to say that he was very much impressed. Klaus nodded his head, his eyes shining with amusement. "You are so smart, little one," he praised, his inner wolf preening as he saw Jeremy flush softly in embarrassment and pride.

"Th-thanks," he whispered softly, playing with his hoodie sleeves. Klaus smiled softly and got up, engulfing him in a hug, Jeremy immediately leaning into the touch, hugging him back, breathing in his scent, feeling a lot more calmer.

"I'll heal him, just because you asked me to. I'm doing this for your benefit, nobody else's, probably Stefan's but that's beside the point," he chuckled softly and Jeremy's brows furrowed softly. "Did you know Stefan back in the day?" he asked curiously, interest shining in his eyes. Klaus nodded his head. "Yes, me and my sister met him back in the 2O's" he replied, seeing how Jeremy's eyebrows shot up in shock but then realisation. "Your sister.. My sister.. Rebekah?" he asked breathlessly.

"Can I see them? Can I see the others?" he asked desperately, clutching at Klaus's jacket. Klaus bit his lip softly. He didn't want to undagger them just yet but deep down he knew that he would have to get it over and done with eventually. He couldn't keep them in there forever, no matter how tempting it sounded. "I will. Again, just for you," he said with a low chuckle. "I'll heal Damon and undagger my siblings.. Our siblings," he added after a short while.

The beaming smile that Jeremy gave him warmed Klaus's cold heart.