Chapter 24

Jeremy was currently doing a locator spell for Kol. Kol and Finn had decided to take it upon themselves to teach Jeremy the things he needed to know concerning all things magic over the summer. They had decided to go easy on him and practice a locator spell. Kol had gone off somewhere and Finn had asked him to find him, using the spell given. He already had one of Kol's belongings and Finn had already given him blood because they were related.

Now all they had to do was to make Jeremy carry out the spell. Currently, they had no interruption from anyone. It was lovely because Elena was busy worrying about Stefan, (not that he actually cared that much about him but he didn't like to see his sister in distress) and Jenna was away with Alaric on holiday. Jenna honestly deserved to spend quality time with him after everything that they went through together.

He was currently holed up in his bedroom with Finn sitting opposite him, looking at him with his serious hazel green eyes. "Read the spell, Jeremy" he said for the third time when the younger male had hesitated. He understood the males hesitation. Doing magic for the first time could be nerve wracking, especially if you had just tapped into your magical abilities, like Jeremy had, or you were underneath pressure.

When he had practiced his spells for the first time, he was worried that he might mess everything up, like he wasn't good enough and to be a disappointment to his parents, especially his mother. Jeremy bit his lip and took a deep breath. Then he started to call out the required incantation for the spell.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem"

He casted in a strong tone of voice as he held the necklace over the map and watched as the blood started to move over the map towards the end destination. Jeremy couldn't believe it. He had casted his first spell! He squealed excitedly.

"Of course he's at the Grill!" he said with a soft laugh. Finn chuckled softly and shook his head. "Little troublemaker, he is," he said affectionately. Kol had always been the troublemaker, ever since from young. Hence why Finn had called him, "the wildest Mikaelson"

"Well done with the spell, little one. I'm really proud of you" he added, pride shining in his eyes. Jeremy wiggled happily in his seat, much to the amusement of his elder brother. "Thanks so much, I don't know why I was so nervous to carry out a simple spell" he chuckled softly in embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck. Finn caught his hand over the table and squeezed it, rubbing his thumb comfortingly over his.

"When I had first tapped into my magic for the first time, it was nerve wracking for me. I remember my mother quite shaking me to complete a simple spell in order to revive a dead flower," he smiled fondly at the memory. "I was so afraid of getting it wrong, I ended up actually getting it wrong," he chuckled to himself.

"It took four to five tries for me to successfully complete the spell" he finished off the story. Jeremy looked at him with curiosity shining in his eyes as he listened to him speak. He loved hearing him speak.

"The reason why I'm telling you this to make you realise that you are stronger than you realise and you are capable of doing just about anything if you put your mind to it. You are a Mikaelson witch, regardless of the fact that you were reincarnated. Reincarnated or not, you are strong and powerful, okay?" he emphasised, needing to get Jeremy to understand what he was saying as it was important.

Jeremy smiled in awe at his elder brother. He had always wanted a male figure to look up to and John and Alaric didn't do it for him but Finn did. "That was beautiful. Thanks for saying that, I really needed to hear it" he said honestly. Finn smiled at him and squeezed his hand, placing a soft kiss on it. "Do not worry, let's go before Kol goes mad" he joked playfully and dragged Jeremy up and out of the house towards the direction of the Grill.

— — —

Finn and Jeremy had entered and spied their wayward brother before the bar. "Did you compel the poor bartender for all of those?" Jeremy joked playfully as he flopped down next to him, watching him take shot after shot. "I actually have money, Jeremy, contrary to popular belief" he said sarcastically, making Finn scoff in disbelief. "Yeah, sure whatever you say, brother" he drawled. Kol looked indignant. "Come on brother, have a little faith in me" he whined, looking up at him with puppy eyes. Finn just pulled at Kol's cheek.

"Wildest Mikaelson," he said, affection lacing his tone. Kol blushed and slapped his hand away. "Stop calling me that," he grumbled. Jeremy watched the exchange with a laugh. His eyes then fell on his boyfriend who was talking to his sister. He widened his eyes and tugged on Kol's jacket urgently. "Can you focus your hearing on what my sister is saying?" he whispered urgently. He needed vampire hearing but unfortunately he didn't have the skills.

Kol looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What for?" he asked. Jeremy just shook his head rapidly. "Please," he begged. "For me," he used his puppy eyes and Kol sighed. "Alrighty then, just because you asked" he said and tuned in his hearing to what the doppelganger and the lad were talking about. He was surprised that they hadn't spotted either himself or Finn but they probably didn't recognise them yet, unlike Elijah or Klaus.

"Come on, Tyler," came the whiny and grating voice of the doppelganger. He rolled his eyes. He hated her already. Doppelgangers just brought trouble wherever they went. He didn't expect the latest one to be any different to the previous two.

"You're a werewolf. Do this one thing, just for me" she was saying. "Jeremy doesn't even have to know. If anything, he'll be happy to know that his boyfriend was helping out for a good cause," she continued to say. He clenched his glass so hard in his grip that it almost smashed. Finn's eyebrows furrowed as he started to listen too.

They saw the lad who they suspected to be Tyler show something on his phone to her. "The Smoky Mountains, Tenasee," they heard him say. The doppelganger cheered and hugged him before going off. Jeremy had gone off to the bathroom and came out when his sister had left.

He searched his brothers' faces. "What's wrong?" he asked. Finn took a deep breath before speaking up. "I think that it's time that we speak to your little boyfriend" he said and a smirk played on the edges of his lips. Jeremy paled and gulped.