Chapter 30

"What did you do, Damon?!" Elena growled when Jeremy hadn't been home for a couple of days. She had a hidden feeling that it was Klaus, but she didn't think that he would go to such lengths as to kidnap his own sibling just to get his coffins back. Sibling. She hated that Jeremy was Klaus' sibling reincarnated but she couldn't do anything about it.

She was worried that Jeremy would just go off with the rest of the Originals and leave what was rest of his family behind but he hadn't. And now he had been kidnapped by Damon and Stefan to be used as leverage against Klaus.

She was conflicted.

On the one hand, she wanted to help Jeremy but on the other hand she wanted to use him against Klaus. She felt a little guilty because she had thought about it before. She sighed softly and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Where are you keeping him?" she wanted to know. Damon just smirked at her. He knew that she would eventually agree. They were all on the same page. They wanted to get rid of Klaus and if they had to use Jeremy to do so they would.

"At the Witch House. Don't worry, he's nice and safe, confined to a room but of course he won't be where the coffins are," he explained, his ice blue eyes shining deviously. Elena just sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "What about food, and clothes?" she asked in a soft tone of voice, her voice trembling. She hated this, she really did but Klaus was dangerous and had to be taken down along with his siblings.

All of them.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Stefan already has all that covered," he smirked again. Elena was about to speak but he cut her off. He had to make her understand why they were doing this.

"You aren't allowed to see him, so don't even ask. Me and Stefan are going to be keeping him down there for as long as we like. Jeremy obviously knows things about Klaus and me and Stefan are going to learn," he said in a dark tone of voice. Elena gulped.

She didn't like his tone of voice. "I don't agree with what you're doing," she said at last. "I really don't, but if this is the only way then we'll have to go along with it. But please don't hurt him," she whispered softly. Even though she said that she forgiven him for killing Jeremy, she hadn't really but there was nothing that she could do.

Damon smiled sympathetically at her. "Don't worry. If he cooperates with our plans then no harm should come to him," he said. "What about his magic?" she blurted out suddenly. "He has magic, remember and he'll definitely use it against you" she said hurriedly.

"We've chained him up, they are magic proof so they will prevent him from using his magic on us, of course. We can't have him overpowering us," he muttered to himself. Elena half wished that Jeremy would have used his magic against them.

She wanted to help Jeremy but her love and loyalty for her brother was nothing compared to the hatred that she felt for Klaus and the rest of the family. She hated that Jeremy was a part of it. "Fine," she said, defeated, throwing her hands up in mock surrender.

"But when Klaus finds out about what you've done, he most probably won't spare your life. Yours or Stefan's. So be prepared because I'm not going to be helping you," she sneered and turned on her heel, wanting to be away from him.

Behind the wall, Tyler had switched off the recording and quickly sent it to Klaus. He then called him with a grave expression on his face. "Klaus, I think that there's something that requires your immediate attention," he said, his eyes darkening with each word.