21. Min-Quad & Hyunjin

Qin Yu was yelling something to him, his brain was muddled from the long sleep and fever so he couldn't yet make out his words.

Min was not near him and he could feel a biting cold seeping into his skin. Lee Hyunjin subconsciously hugged the children that were gathered in his arms.

He thought at first that he was in the starry cave but he didn't seem to be.

Lee Hyunjin didn't fully recognise where he was or rather it looked too strange. Yes it was definitely strange, after all he'd never seen an 'obsidian wall' before.

That's right, right in front of Lee Hyunjin was a wall made of what looked to be both golden and dark energy. It was dark yet intertwined with wisps of gold and he could see through it. 

Through the enormous wall he could see a gigantic jaguar-like creature with black fur standing a few steps away from himself then further ahead of the Jaguar creature was a massive python with purple scales that looked hard as metal.

Min was fighting with the python that had attacked him.....

"Min-ah!! Min!!" Lee Hyunjin called to her in panic and fear.

Min is smart, she knows she shouldn't fight, she should run away.... we all should run away we can't beat that thing!!

Lee Hyunjin was panicking. It was like that time those bullies had him cornered in the locker room, he didn't think to fight back instead he wanted to run away to a safe place where they couldn't find him and hit him.

Lee Hyunjin was terrified. His feet wouldn't move from where he stood and all he could do was grasp the children tightly in his arms as if that would protect them from all the bad things.

Qin Yu managed to escape, he had been some distance away fending off the snakes whip-like attacks that it's heavy yet sharp looking tail lashed out at an impossible speed.

He managed to get away and run towards where Lee Hyunjin was.

He grabbed Lee Hyunjins shoulders, "Hyunjin! Hyunjin listen to me, you need to get away from here okay, go far away with the children and don't come back here, do you understand?" Qin Yu's pitch black eyes calmly focused on Lee Hyunjin.

But Lee Hyunjin was in full panic mode, he couldn't hear what Qin Yu was saying, it was like he was deep beneath water and nothing could get through to him.

He was afraid and the fear choked him, swallowing him whole.

"Hyunjin!" Qin Yu shook him, his grip on Lee Hyunjins shoulders tightened, "snap out of it! The kids will die if you don't!" Qin Yu shouted, "Hyunjin!"

When Lee Hyunjin still didn't respond he slapped him, hard as he could, the slap sounded sharp, the impact making Lee Hyunjins cheek turn red.

Lee Hyunjin blinked, "Yu... Yu what's happening?" He asked.

"That's none of your concern, you need to get out of here right now!"

"B-but Min... and you, I-I can't leave you guys!" He quickly figured out Qin Yu's meaning. Even though he was determined when he said this, his voice still trembled, lined with his fear it was hard to miss.

Qin Yu was perfectly aware of how scared Lee Hyunjin was. He could tell instantly and so there was no way he or Min would let him stay behind, it was way too dangerous. The best choice for him was to take the children and run.

Qin Yu suddenly removed one hand off Lee Hyunjins shoulders and smiled, it was a gentle yet sad looking smile that Lee Hyunjin had only ever seen once. Qin Yu smiled like that when he finished telling Lee Hyunjin about his brothers that had come to Arshnix and now he was smiling like that whilst looking at him.