GUESTS

They kept their promise.

At the end of the month, construction was finished and though not fully, it wasn't as noisy as before.

Su Jin came back to her room.

Her father was also coming home so a clean up was much needed. Though not much was changed for the short days when Su Jin stayed there, the books needed to be rearranged.

And the flowers. . .might as well stay.

'I'll just take them out if father doesn't like them.' Su Jin decided.

Father Su's room now is as colorful as it could be. At the east side of rooms, only his looked like a girl's room.

When he saw the sight, he was slightly surprised. Father Su could not help but sigh at his daughter's antics.

'Mm. Beautiful.'

...

A dinner banquet was held for Father Su.

They arrange this every time, though it's not that special as Father Su always came home every three months for a week. Su Jin has understood over time that the Su Family can and will make anything special for the sake of merrymaking.

...

The dinner went in full swing. Even without musicians or dancers, Su Family could enjoy themselves. The young ones gave impromptu performances showcasing their talents or interests, mostly in a drunken state.

At the peak of entertainment, suddenly, a servant stumbled to the senior's side to report.

Everyone paused, curious at what the servant was saying.

Grandpa Su saw the heated gazes directed at the poor servant.

Grandpa sighed, "Let them come in."

After a while, chest upon chest was brought inside the hall.

A servant at the front spoke before the Su family, "This servant has brought gifts of apology for the inconvenience the Jing household has caused the Su's."

The servant along with the others carrying the chests, bowed deeply.

"It is of no matter. It's all in the past. It is enough that the Jing household upheld their promise of only a month of noise."

The servant bowed deeper.

"Master Jing would like to personally apologize and thank the Su household. Master thought it disrespectful if he came at this time so only this servant could come."

"Alright. I'll have Master Jing tomorrow then." Grandpa Su answered.

...

Guests were coming in the residence.

Male and female cousins were curious. Su Jin was not spared.

Dragged by her cousins, she found herself sitting at a little pavilion beside the central pavilion. The men at the opposite pavilion mirroring theirs.

'Gossip has no gender.'

Senior Su's and the guests were already at the central pavilion when they arrived.

Sits facing directly at the central pavilion were quickly occupied. Su Jin could only sit with her back facing it.

Though without much difference. Her cousins were excellent commentators, enough to roughly know what's going on.

It took 3 plate of snacks and 5 cups of tea for everyone to settle down.

Only the seniors were there to welcome the guests.

A sharp gasped caught Su Jin's attention. She lifted her head, seeing her cousin's shocked faces, she brought her eyes at the other pavilion.

Su Jin could not grasp what could have happened. At the pavilion, she saw her father  standing, clearly incensed by how frigid he looked.

Su Jin frowned.

It only took one hand to count the things her father cared for, enough to be this affected.

Until Su Jin saw their gazes looking at this side.

At her.

This was about her.

Su Jin's breath hitched when she caught sight of the familiar figure in front of her father.

'Ryu An?'

Su Jin's little corner:

Jing household. Ryu 'Jing' An.

"..."

'Of course he would use his mother's family name. But such . . .common name. . . I could have never guessed.'

Su jin could only sigh.

[...He should be Ryu Jing already but imma keep his old name — Su Jin agrees...]

[Guests? Of course there's tea! Nah, I really just couldn't find any other image]