Chapter 37

Enjoy
don't kill me please.
I wanna do that myself 😚✌🏼

Adalyn.

It had been 1 month without Adalyn nor Jake here.

A whole fucking month.

Or to be precise 32 days and 5 hours since I had woken up that horrible morning to be greeted not by my precious but by that letter.

The letter that tore my heart to pieces over and over and over and over again.

Flashback

My eyes fluttered open to just close again when the light burned them.

My arm searched around the bed trying to find Adalyn only to be met with disappointment when she wasn't there.

I listened closer for the sound of the banging of pots in the kitchen or the running of water in the bathroom but there was nothing.

Just silence.

A little bewildered by this revelation I slowly opened my eyes again and looked around the room.

She was nowhere to be seen.

In the place where I last saw her lay a piece of white thin paper. What?

I grabbed it quickly and started reading. As I read further, I could feel the overwhelming pressure building up in the back of my eyes.

My throat began to clog up as I used all my strength to hold every tear threatening to escape down.

As my grip on the paper became tighter, I began to worry that I would rip it but not as much as my worry for what I read.

No. No. No. She hasn't done that. No.

I instantly jumped out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

She wasn't there.

I ran down the halls checking every room.
"Adalyn!!!"

She wasn't there.

I ran down the stairs and searched every place she could be.
"Adalyn!! No. Please no."

I ran into the living room and checked behind the sofa thinking this was just another game of hide and seek.

Thinking that I would just find her again and what I read wasn't true.

Thinking I would be with her again.

But she wasn't there.

She wasn't anywhere.

"Adalyn!!! Please. Stop it!! Come out! This isn't funny anymore!! ADALYN PLEASE."

The letter was still gripped in my hand and I fell to my knees not even trying to hold my tears down anymore. They flowed down my cheeks without any hesitation.