Anxious

Ever since Ruchika came, I've been out of this house more than I've been my entire life. I just could not keep up with her. She wanted to visit so many places, wanted to eat so many things, wanted to buy so many stuffs. Mostly it was fun, but sometimes it irritated the hell out of me. I've always been a homebody. If I go out one day, I need at least 7 days inside my home to gain my energy back. But, for the first time in my life, I had a friend. It was an overwhelming feeling, but at the same time, I was having fun.

I was arguing with Ruchika when she wanted to visit this temple today. I really needed to stay at home. Just when I was about to win, my phone vibrated.

"Mom, hi" I said smiling.

"You really forgot your mom, huh?" she said.

"What? No, why are you saying that?" I asked guiltily. 

But it was true. Ever since I got comfortable with Ruchika, I got busy traveling with her. I didn't keep in touch with mom as much as I used to.

"Its' been so long since we talked." She said, almost whined.

"Sorry, mom." I apologized.

"Now, tell me, how is everything going on?" she asked.

We talked for some time, nothing important, just chit chat, I was about to cut the line when I heard her.

"Wait, Seema. I almost forgot. I called you to tell you that we are going to Thakur's wedding this Friday."

"Oh, okay. All of us?" I asked.

"Yes, all of us. Inform Avishek, okay."

We said our goodbye and hung up.

"What's up?" Ru asked.

"We have a wedding to go on to this Friday." I answered.

She gasped and brightened like a kid with candy.

"We need to go shopping." she declared.

"No, please, no" I groaned and slumped on my chair.

"Yes, I have seen your closet you know. You need a new dress for this wedding." She said with glee. It was little creepy, to be honest.

"It's not my wedding. I can wear anything. I don't want to go" I pleaded and whined.

She glared at me and 2 hours later we were in a shopping mall.

"Why did we have to come today though?" I almost cried whining to her. "It's on Friday, today is just Tuesday."

"We need to find a stunning sari for you, and you need time to alter your new blouse." She explained like I was a child.

"I don't need a new blouse; I have plenty blouses" I protested.

"No, new sari means new blouse, new shoes, new everything. You know, your husband is loaded, you can spend a little" she giggled at the last part.

I rolled my eyes and dragged my feet.

I looked down at the blouse, looked up at Ru who was smirking and was one step away from clapping. I looked down at it again. I pick it up, turn towards Ru.

"What is this?" I ask, gritting my teeth.

I hold it up, I can see her entire face through the gap of the back of the blouse.

"Your blouse." She said.

Don't curse, don't curse, you are a mother of two kids, two adult kids, don't curse.

"Where is it's back?" I say shaking it, like it was hiding somewhere and would miraculously fall down.

"Don't be dramatic, yeah, it's a little open from what you wear, but trust me, you will look really good in it." she said, rolling her eyes.

After shopping that day, she took my measurements and said she would take it to alter it for me. I didn't question because I was glad to stay home. It was Thursday and apparently, you need to prepare for someone else's wedding a day ago, cue rolling eyes. Avishek was at mom's as Rahul had something to talk about with him.

"Ru" I sighed, "I cannot wear this. I don't wear clothes that show skin, and besides, I am not young to wear these kinds of style."

"Please, Seema, trust me. It's not that revealing and what do you mean not young enough. So, what we are old, don't old people have sense of style? Aren't they allowed to wear stylish clothes?"

I didn't dare answer her.

She sighed and sat beside me, "I wanted to do this with my daughter." She said suddenly.

I whipped my head to look at her.

"And you think I am your daughter?" I said, my voice full of horror.

"Shut up, no. When we first decided to get pregnant, I wanted a daughter. I wanted to do all sorts of things with her. But unfortunately, it was not in my fate. I dived into work, forgetting about my husband, my lack of capability to produce children, my friends. I dived so deep, I had no one in the end. When I came here, I felt like I got a new friend. A friend who was helping me feel whole again." She said making me so damn guilty, I rushed to say "yes".

"Really?" she exclaimed.

I nodded, resigned.

"I promise you Seema, you will look so damn beautiful, no one will look at the bride tomorrow." She said, being overdramatic as usual.

I rolled my eyes at her.

 I agreed, but I was anxious. Anxious for the next day. 

Hiiii, I'm back. How have you guys been?

So, what do you think is going to happen? *evil smirk*  (I would put actual emoji but I don't know how, so just imagine it.)

Anyway, that's all for today. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it.