23

At the peak of the Starsnatch cliff, a woman who was hanging her newly washed clothes to dry felt the need to stop for a moment to gaze at the beautiful golden hues of sunset. Her gaze filled with longing as she recalled  her happiest memories with the man she loved. 

No matter how beautiful the view from the cliff could get, it could never rival the smile of her beloved. A smile that only existed in a distant memory.

"I wish you'd find me soon. You're a whole lot busy, and I never got to say good bye, so I guess I understand... " She whispered to the wind with a sad smile. The sun reminded her of his orange hair.

"It must have been so hard to wait on your own.. " The woman's eyes widened. Tears immediately fell from the corner of her eyes. She dared not to turn around. For she knew she would only sob harder if she did so. And she didn't like making ugly cries, specially not to the man she has always been waiting for.

"You can face me you know, I know you're worried about making ugly sobs but that's impossible for you, Alwina. You're the most beautiful girl in my eyes." He said in a comforting tone.

Smiling while she sobbed, she quickly turned around and rushed towards him. Without any second thoughts, she tackled him with a tight embrace. Loudly, she cried as her face nuzzled in his chest.

The Harbinger embraced the woman even tighter as tears also fell from his eyes. The years he spent without her have all been but exile. A season of affliction. He had been so devastated of the thought that she was really killed.

As their skins touched, the comfort of her warmth immediately dispelled all the years worth of depression in his heart. Finally, he could see the light. A spark of hope for a better future with the woman he loved. The darkness were no longer around.

Pulling away, he held the side of her cheeks, pressing his forehead on hers as he cried. "You're real.. You're real.. I'm so happy..." He whispered in uncontrollable sobs.

"For the record, I never waited alone.. " The woman whispered with a smile.

Childe's eyes widened. "You mean? "

"Ma?" A three year old boy ran from the house. Confused, he hid behind his mother, grabbing unto the hem of her dress.

His deep blue eyes no doubt resembled his father's.

"Alon, meet your father." The woman whispered to her child as she wiped her tears.

The child's eyes widened. His heart pounded as he met his father's gaze. Even their reactions were identical.

"Nice to meet you, Alon, my son."

Anthea smiled as she watched Alwina and Tartaglia finally find each other. Enduring the pain on her legs from the Balladeer's  torture, she walked towards the newly reunited family.

"Tartaglia? Alwina?"

"Vice Captain Anthea!" Alwina gasped,  saluting at her superior.

"You need not call me that, you know."  Anthea chuckled, tapping the shoulders of the woman infront of her.

"Thank you for bringing him to me, Miss Thea."

With a smile on her face, Anthea held the woman's hand. "You deserve to be happy, Alwina. And you, Childe.. " she turned her face to his direction.

"There were legends that is spread across Liyue that if you help a fairy disguised as a human, you will be rewarded. Nobody has ever encounteted a fairy in a long while, that's why it has remained only a myth. Not until this very day."

Childe quickly shook his head. "You need not reward me anymore. This is more than enough."

Anthea chuckled. "You've picked a descent man Alwina. But I do have something else for you. "

She held her hand out to the wind, her finger tips conjuring elemental energy which eventually became a small vial that resembled a gnosis.

"I'm gonna lose it if you're about to make me a god." The Harbinger joked.  Earning him a hard smack in the head by his lover.

"Stop being silly." Alwina scolded. Childe only chuckled.

"This is my fairy essence. If you give this to the Tsaritsa, she will gladly relieve you off your duties. I will also send her a personal message to make sure that she does."

"I completely forgot about that. I'm thrilled but are you really sure that you want to hand it over to the Tsaritsa? They've done awful things to you...and they could attempt to ask for more out of greed."

Anthea shook her head.

"The Tsaritsa knows better than to challenge the Nymph of life with greed. I guarantee you that there'll be nothing to worry about."

"If you say so." Childe said softly. He had startled Anthea when he suddenly knelt to the ground.

"For all the things you've done to us, please accept my offering of a lifetime of service. When you need my help with anything, wherever I am and whenever it is, I promise to lend you a hand no matter what." He declared confidently.

"Me too, Miss Thea. You've bought me shelter, financed for my Child's education. I will lend you a hand whenever you need me." Alwina declared.

"You don't need to regard me so highly. I'm happy to be a friend and an ally. If you're offering you're hand, I will also offer mine." Anthea replied, kneeling to their level to hold both of their hands.

The couple offered her a wide smile, thankful for her life. 

"Now, I have another proposition for both of you."

"What is it miss Thea?"

"If you'd like. I can get you married right here, right now. It won't be legally written in the papers, but with the Nymph's blessings, you'll become one in the eyes of the gods in celestia." Anthea offered.

The couple's eyes glinted with excitement. "can you really do that?"

Anthea nodded with a smile on her face.

"Hold each other's hand and then close your eyes both of you." She told them which they immediately obeyed.

"In the name of Azalea, the Nymph of Teyvat, guardian of life, the both of you who were once separated shall become one."

A flash of golden glow spread around the couple.

"In the eyes of the Nymph,

In the eyes of the Archons,

And in the eyes of Celestia.

You are now husband amd wife."