Chapter 29

Dawn came far too quickly and with it came Theoden's fear. They were stood in the throne room, Farren leant on a column watching the conversation silently. "There was no lie in Pippen's eyes. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring. A fool but an honest fool." Gandalf spoke, filling the king in on what had occurred and what this meant for Rohan.

"Gondor must be warned," Aragorn cut in.

"And they will be," Gandalf assured him but Theoden cut in, stepping forward into a slice of sunlight.

"Where was Gondor when we needed them the most? Why should we ride to aid those who did not aid us." the king turned away not meeting Aragorn's or Farren's angry gazes.

Farren let embers of anger creep into her voice, her anger and frustration that Theoden was not seeing the bigger picture. "The Theoden I knew years ago would never have hesitated before riding to aid those who have no hope" the king met her gaze.

"That king was Foolish, careless with the lives of his people." But Farren didn't break, she took a step towards the king.

"An army is brewing in Mordor Theoden, I've seen it in my dreams, I've heard it from the whispers of birds. This will be the final fight of Middle Earth. If we do not unite the age of man will end and the age of the orc will rise," a weight finally lifted itself from her shoulder as she finally spoke the words that had curled dormant in her throat for days.

Aragorn looked at her in surprise, Farren motioned, and a second later Conrad raced up her arm from his pouch, his bushy tail waving behind him. "Times are changing Theoden. People forget that even the smallest creatures can make a difference in this world."

Farren turned on her heels, together she and Gandalf stormed towards the stables, Gandalf dragging Pippen and Merry with them while a confused Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn followed closely behind. "Gondor must be warned of the approaching threat," Farren said as she unlocked Shadowfax's stable.

"I won't be going alone." Gandalf nodded to Pippen, the small hobbit pulled out of his friend's arms and up onto Shadowfax, Gandalf looked at Farren, a proud smile on his lips. "Make for the eastern pass in the mountains, You and Aragorn must ride to Gondor with all haste with Theoden. Do whatever you have to, just make sure they are there. Or Gondor will fall".

Aragorn stood next to his sister, "We will." he promised. Farren closed her eyes placing a hand on Shadowfax's neck letting that strange feeling consume her once again.

"Run Shadowfax. Run with the western winds, do not stop," her voice was silky again, but the horse tossed its head, bowing its neck to her, giving her a quick nuzzle before rearing up and galloping out of the stables.

Farren raced after Merry who was sprinting towards the tower. She caught up with him at the top of the stairs, the young hobbit's chest heaving, his eyes shiny. She placed a consoling hand on his shoulder as they watched Shadowfax bolt towards the horizon. "Why can't you go with him?" Merry asked in a small voice.

Farren crouched down in front of him so he was looking down into her face, "The Steward of Gondor is Boromir's father," Merry intake of breath told her he understood the connotations, "He is not only grieving the death of one of his sons but if me or Aragorn were to enter the city, he would feel threatened and likely not even allow Gandalf to enter the city let alone light the beacons."

Merry nodded, wiping angrily at the tears that were falling down his face. Farren led him down back towards the throne room. Aragorn was waiting for them at the doors pulling her aside.

"What have you seen Farren?"

"I see Mordor, a flaming wasteland," Farren closed her eyes, the terrible image resurfacing in her mind, horrible vivid, "It's packed with orcs, tens of thousands per cohort. An army to obliterate the race of man". She took another breath, "The birds Ari. The birds whisper to me of the darkness that lives there. Darkness that never sleeps. The Great Eye is making something, with the help of the Nazgul king."

Farren shivered, "It's soo cold. It felt as if the life was being sucked out of me," his breath hitched, her dreams from the last three nights crashing over her, she was shaking, "It's looking for me." she gasped.

Farren did not care that she was crying, Aragorn was also crying. She was not ashamed to admit that she was afraid. Legolas appeared behind them opening his mouth to say something, but Aragorn shook his head and Farren turned away from the eld. She did not want to talk to him today. Not after what he had said to her. She couldn't go near Eomer without his angry gaze, and she was not in the mood to be lectured about it.

Legolas didn't love her so why not let her learn to love Eomer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N *Nerveouly peaks out a bush* Hiya...so I've been camping and hiking for the last three weeks and last night was the first time I've slept in an actual bed for 21 days! As you can guess I had literally no data during this time, but I'm back now....well I technically have one more week of camoing but after that I am. Planning to update this on Tuesday/Wednesday so hopefully, we stick to it this time!

I hope you liked this chapter, it's an interesting one...let me know what you thought! Thank you so much for all the support on this book! Love you guys <3

Wren