3. Remind Yourself Why You're Here

Step Number Three: Remind Yourself Why You're Here

---

Chase was sweating standing right in front of the air-conditioner. He was in the dance room, one side of the wall fitted with mirrors while the other was covered by thick red theatre curtains. It's a month into the creation of his new album and everything was set.

Now, for the dance.

His teacher, the guy with pink hair and a brown beard that he failed at trimming, had run him through the warmups and that's all he's been doing for a few days because Zane Page, was busy with someone else's concert.

Walking to the side to grab a bottle of water, Chase gulped it down, ignoring the blasting song that kept going from the company's playlist.

Drinking, his mind went back to the first time he met Zane after a very long time. He didn't expect a different face. For some reason, he didn't think that he'd grow.

Still, he knew he couldn't deny Zane being an eye-catching figure. In fact, he looked better; smarter, more handsome, mature.

He wondered if the guy remembered those days when they met in high school. As much as Chase wanted to forget his past because of his future, he couldn't.

When he realized that they'd never go away, he learned how to ignore them.

But then, he didn't know that Zane'd been in the same company, way before him. How would that be possible? When Chase's joined Rain Ent, he'd been in his last two years of high school. He clearly remembered Zane being his usual self when they shared that same classes.

Zane never told him about helping the team chose him.

So what did JD mean when he said that Zane was at the company before Chase?

Suddenly, the noise of the door opening caused Chase to glance back, freezing when the tall frame stalked in, a bag dragging behind.

"Good morning," Zane greeted as he cleared his throat before averting his eyes from Chase.

"G-good morning..."

Chase scolded himself for sounding like a school boy.

"I haven't really worked on anything so why don't you show me the album?"

Chase didn't know what to say. Everyone that's a part of his work always stayed updated. Here stood the first person who didn't. So, he asked if he didn't remember the lyrics.

"No, I haven't listened to any of it. I don't even have a copy."

Chase choked on his water. Zane didn't have a copy of his new album?!

"Why do you look like you're so surprised?"

Chase cleared his throat, ignoring how handsome Zane looked with his brows raised. Instead, he silently set the speakers on a loud volume, the first song of the album playing.

His music, his voice, echoed in the dance studio, bouncing off the walls and curtains, changing the trace of the awkward silence into a more comfortable one. Once the song was finished, Zane nodded to himself while Chase watched him.

"It's good."

Chase swallowed his snort. He didn't know how to react to that. No one's ever reacted like that to his music.

"So, which song do we need to do the dance to?"

Chase swallowed his upset feeling again and turned his attention to the man. "Wonders Tonights."

He got an impressed nod. "That's a good song. It'd have more contemporary moves though. Do you know how the team wants it?"

"Don't you?"

Zane raised a brow again. "No."

"Didn't they tell you? Aren't you supposed to know before you start with me?"

"I am supposed to know and I did talk with them but I barely remember." That didn't sit well with Chase. "I have other dances that I was focusing on so I really didn't have the time."

Chase froze on his spot. This was not how he imagined their first dance day together.

"Stop making that weird face and show me what you've come up with."

Chase's heart skipped a beat. He hadn't done anything to show Zane and by the looks he was receiving, he knew that Zane figured it out.

"You haven't changed one bit. Still relying on everyone else to do your job."

Chase cleared his throat. "Let's not talk about things other than dancing for the song."

And that's how the two of them ended up in the studio, not dancing, but reviewing each and every song one by one. Zane made sure he let the other know that the dance won't be focusing on just the song. Every song in the album has to be portrayed in the specific song so the dance has more feel to it.

Before Chase knew it, he was heading back home since Zane didn't want to do anymore than discussing for the day. He made it in without a problem and planned to sleep the rest of the day off. 

That was, until his dog, a golden retriever, started to bark.

Chase'd almost forgotten about Golds. Yes, he named the dog 'Golds' because he couldn't think of anything else. Plus, his fans tend to like the name and the dog and now, there's a trend of dogs named 'Golds' all over the world.

After a long hour of thinking, Chase filled Golds's bowl with food, making it look clean and sparkly because fetching his phone to take a snap. Once it was clean and professional worthy, he posted it on Instagram, already receiving likes and comments.

Once he'd posted another video of playing around with Golds, making sure to let the fans know that he was laying around after a hard working day, Chase dropped dead-asleep on his large bed, surrounded by the overlarge fluffy blanket he'd bought a year ago.

Day one of being with Zane Page; done.

---

I know, that there isn't much action but it'll get there.

Vote and support guys! I love it when there's comments!