Chapter 5:

Today it's Ness' birthday, me and Matt are able to come home earlier for her birthday but it's a surprise, I only told Mel about it and she was happy that I was going to surprise her because I mean a lot to her.. According to Mel.
Anyways, we were at the airport right now, we will start boarding in 30 minutes.
Just on time to go home, change and go to the restaurant, where her birthday dinner was going to be.

~Renesmee's POV~

It's my 18th birthday today, I'm happy because it's my birthday but sad because Max probably won't be here today.
I didn't hear from him since he left neither did Mel.
I miss him.
Anyways, Mel is with me right now getting ready to go to the restaurant.
If Max isn't there, he won't come at all.
Cam, Vince and my parents sang for me this morning, I was happy my parents could be here with me this day.
"Ness, you're ready?" Mel asked
I looked last time in the mirror "Yeah, I am"
We walked down the stairs and got in the car. We headed to the restaurant.
It was a expensive restaurant but my parents were paying. That's their gift. I didn't want anything.
"Anderson table" My dad said to the waiter.
"This way sir" She said leading us to our table.
When we arrived at our table, I saw 8 seats and we were only 6. They probably did a mistake but anyhow.
I sat down and Mel sat next to me on my right.
"Ness, my dad sent this for you" Mel said giving me a letter.
I felt sad, he isn't coming. I faked a smile. "Thanks" I said.
I opened the letter and started reading.

Hey Gorgeous!
Happy 18th birthday babygirl.
You're growing up so fast.

I remember when you and Mel where little and you used to come play every day with her.
Those are golden memories to me.
By the way, did you seriously think I would miss my favorite girl's birthday? You must be crazy! Hahaha.
Look behind you.

I looked behind me and I saw Max and Matt walking towards us.
Happy Birthday, Renesmee <3
xxx –Max.

I folded the letter back and stood up. I walked towards them with a big smile.
Max opened his arms for me, I immediately went to hug him. He hugged me back tightly.
"Happy Birthday beautiful" He whispered into my ear making me blush.
"Thank you Max" I whispered back.
He let go of off me. "This is for you" He said handing me a bag.
I opened it and saw a beautiful necklace with an 'R' and a bracelet with a "To Infinity" written on it.
I smiled widely at him and hugged him again "Thank you so much Max, I love it!"
He smiled "No problem Ness, glad you like it"
I looked at Matt and he smiled widely at me and winked. I forgot he knew. I smiled shyly at him.
"Happy birthday Ness" He said hugging me tightly too.
"Thank you Matt" I replied.
He gave me a bag. I opened it and saw a beautiful silver MK watch.
"Thank you so much, Matt" I said with a smile.
"You're welcome, baby girl"
We walked back to the table, they greeted my family.
Max pulled my chair out for and sat next to me on my left.

The waiter asked us what we wanted and we ate when the food came. Now we were just talking.
I felt a hand holding mine. I looked at Max and noticed it was his. He intertwined our fingers together.
My stomach was doing flips like crazy, the butterflies went wild.
I smiled softly at him, he smiled back.
He grabbed his phone and texted someone, I saw Matt looking at his phone, so probably texted Matt.
"What about we go and take a walk?" Matt asked
"Yeah I want to" Max said
He nodded at me "Yeah me too"
But my parents and so didn't wanted to go so Matt backed off
"You two can go" My dad said looking at me and Max.
Max nodded "Alright"
We got up and walked out of the restaurant.

I was looking at the sky, it's a beautiful night.
"So" I began
Max looked at me and smiled. We walked to a park and sat on the swings.
"I wanted to take this walk with you because, I wanted to have you alone to tell you something.. " Max began, he looked nervous.
I smiled at him "Yeah?"
"First of all Ness, I'll understand if you don't want to see me or don't want anything to do with me again because what I'm going to tell you is crazy as fuck but I need to get it out Nessie, I've been holding this for a long time and I can't hold it in anymore" He said looking at me.