15

Asami

Korra was even sleeping at the lunch table which I find quite impressive. How does she manage to sleep over all of the chattering in the halls? Her 'group' was around her, talking as if Korra wasn't even there. Do they like not care? Why don't they question this? Korra has been sleeping for the majority of the day. I caught her sleeping in Math class even after that 15 minute break she had.

"I don't believe it." Opal laughs, I take no notice.

"Don't believe what?" Kai asks.

"Asami is staring at Korra Smith."

I quickly turn to look at the girl, glaring at her as my face heats up.
"I wasn't."

Jinora raises a brow at me with a smirk and it looks like the whole table also had the same idea too.
"Seriously! I wasn't." I couldn't help myself and my head turns towards Korra's table again. Her asleep state hunched over whilst her friends talk.
"Okay... maybe."

"Is there a reason behind that?" Jinora questions.

I sigh and shrug.
"I don't know, don't you see how tired she looks?" Jinora and the rest of my friends follow my gaze.

"She always looks like that." Wu says again like in history. She doesn't though, yes she may look tired but today she's more tired than ever.
"Maybe she's taking extra training sessions or something."

I shake my head, surely that couldn't be the problem.
"I know what you mean, she does look a little pale." Jinora agrees with me, finally someone who isn't blind.
"But Wu might have a point, she could just be taking extra sessions." Well... nevermind then.

"I think she's looking for a job." I blurt out, remembering the list that Korra had written herself.

"What makes you say that?" Opal asks.

I take another quick glance over to Korra.
"She had a list of job ideas and stuff, I saw it in History." I explain and Jinora instantly looks confused.
"She told me that she was just trying to help out her mum."

"You spoke with her?"

"Well, I was going to ask about the project but that list came to my attention first." I still need to talk to her about that project, we need to organise where we should put the whole thing together. Either at my place or hers.

"How weird, I don't even know where she finds the time for school, football and a job." Jinora says and we all nod. Korra's week must be full, no wonder she doesn't get any sleep.

I turn back to look over at Korra again but instantly regret it. Mako saunters over with his hands in his pockets, eyes locked onto our table in the cafeteria. Uh oh, what does he want now? Maybe he wants to bother me about Korra's coat again, what was so special about that coat anyway that made him so anxious?

"Asami." He says and gives me a small grin. I nod my head in response.
"I saw you looking at me from over here..." He chuckles and I roll my eyes, you can take your cocky self somewhere else.
"..and I was wondering if you needed me for something."

"No and I wasn't looking at you, I was looking past you." I huff and advert my eyes away from him. Jinora and Kai seem to find this funny because I can hear them snickering next to me. To my surprise, Mako actually sits down on the empty seat in front of me and forces himself back into my gaze again.

"I don't believe that one bit but sure. Do you mind if I sit here?" yes, I do mind but considering you've already sat down there's not much I can do.

"I don't." I nudge Wu under the table in order to shut him up.

"I wanted to talk to you anyway.." Mako begins and I can feel him looking at me. I find the table material more interesting than him at this point, I don't meet his eyes.
"..about Korra."