twenty seven

"Holy sh-" Jisung exclaimed but did not finish because of Johnny's sharp glare. "Mackerel, holy mackerel,"

The other dreamies snickered.

"That's wild," Jisung said under his breath.

They then put their full attention back on the big screen, watching every move. Their eyes filled with bewilderment, they were seeing something they thought they would only see in movies.

Some bounced their legs nervously, while some balled their fists because of the tension.

Chaerin gripped the steering wheel, focused on the road. Every move was made with certainty with no room for doubt, her instincts guiding her.

When she finally stepped on the brakes, she leaned back and closed her eyes. She felt her heartbeat drumming through her ears.

Cheers erupted outside of the car.

She opened the car door, the cheers getting louder. Chaerin gave a small smile and a wave and quickly went to find the others.

She searched the sea of people for a pair of brown eyes and she found them staring right back at her. A smile automatically formed on her face and she quickly made her way to him.

"You're here," she greeted.

"And you didn't tell me you were racing tonight," He said with a serious tone.

"I thought you were asleep," she pouted, "What am I supposed to do, wake you up?"

"Yes," He replied in a heartbeat.

"Yeah, that's what I thou- wait what?"

"Wake me up if you want to go to races at night, I'll accompany you,"

Chaerin stared at Mark for a while. She wasn't expecting such a response.

The sounds of the crowd slowly subsided as they only kept their focus on each other.

A familiar voice broke their focus and Chaerin looked over to see the owner of the voice. Mark licked his lips shifting his attention elsewhere. However, that action made Chaerin focus back on Mark.

"Chaerin that was so cool!" Chenle says excitedly.

"Yeah, and the drifting," Jaemin holds up an okay symbol, "Sexy,"

Chaerin shifted her attention back on the other guys, "Thanks, I didn't expect you guys would come," she smiled.

"Yah! Why didn't you tell us you were going to a race," Haechan whines.

The other dreamies shouted in agreement.

"That's what I told her," Mark said.

"I thought you guys were asleep," she shrugged, the dreamies were about to protest again so she cut them off, "But I should always check and I'll make sure to tell you guys next time,"

They were satisfied with her answer so they dropped it.

"Can we go eat?" Yuta said, Johnny nodded in agreement.

"Yes please," Chaerin said and the dreamies also agreed.

• • •

After everyone had placed an order, they went to find seats. Thankfully there was a cafe open at this time of the night.

They settled on the balcony on the second floor.

"Can I ride next time you race? Is that allowed?" Chenle asks Chaerin.

"Hey, I was supposed to ask that first!" Jisung complains.

Chaerin chuckled at their antics, "Yes it is allowed, however, I don't let people ride with me when I race,"

"What why?" They whined in reply.

She shrugged, "I don't know it feels off to have someone else in the car with me," They pouted at this information. "You can ride shotgun when I'm not racing,"

"I'm first!" Chenle shouted,

"I'm second!" Jisung followed.

The rest of the night was filled with shouts and laughter. They played several games and even played rock-paper-scissors to decide who's going to pay the bill.

 They played several games and even played rock-paper-scissors to decide who's going to pay the bill

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010