JIXNX

____

____

The last place Ethaline would be was the one place she always ended up in.

The men in black cloaks and a victorious smile on their lips shoved them past the property magical borders that recognized the Malfoy blood in her and allowed them passage. Ethalinr kept her head hung low, her eyes trained on the white gravel as she heard the shuffling of her friends besides her.

The blonde worried about Hermione, she prayed to whoever was listening that they were merciful with the bushy haired witch who held scars on her arms and legs from the struggle. Hermione glanced over at Ethaline, her eyes glinting in a reassuring way almost as if she was saying....

Whatever happened next it wasn't her fault.

If only it were that simple, Ethaline wanted to say as the reached the black steps that led into the even darker Mansion. Often the only colors found in the estate were glints of good, black and green. Occasionally white and silver like in Ethaline's bedroom. If only her cell could look like the four post bedroom in the Manor.

The doors swung open to reveal Narcissa Malfoy which only made the blonde even more confused. The woman never even touched a doorknob in her life so why was she suddenly swinging the front door open when the servants cowered only a few feet away. Could it be, Ethaline thought, that she was expecting her or hoping to see her face?

That she cared?

Narcissa stepped aside, her eyes gleaming as she blinked rapidly and forced her gaze away from her daughter. Ethaline let out an inaudible scoff even as her heart churned at the sight of her mother. She saw the weight she'd loss, her face sunken in slightly to reveal aging when she has always been beautiful and protected the way she presented herself.

There was dead silence in the air when they were shoved in, Ethaline was even a bit surprised to see Draco. Her twin's face was scrunched up slightly, almost in disappointment in the fact that she was caught. Which only implied he cared...which made her want to laugh.

Ethaline held it in, not wanting to do anything that would risk their wellbeing before the doors were closed and they were forced to kneel.

The infamous Lucius Malfoy stumbled slightly out of the dark hallway, his hands gripping the pain as if every step was causing him pain. He scowled down at the ground in an attempt to mask it and it worked for the people who didn't know them. Ethalinr however saw right past it and felt her face softened.

She can only count a single incident where he looked untamed and it was when she saw him and her mother try to sneak back into the manor without making any noise after a ball while being slightly intoxicated.