xliii

Mature and triggering content, viewer discretion advised

It was no secret that Madeleine was an analyst. She was always observing her surroundings and everyone who was in it, analyzing every single detail in her environment so she knew that it was still not the right time to strike. She had shut down her emotions at will and focused in one thing only. Rage. Maddie had already learned her lesson with boys thanks to Nathan, when they hurt you you have hurt them back. Harder and way more painful. Do things that they would never expect and twist the knife where it would hurt the most. When it came to her angry state, Cressida always saw the uncanny resemblance her daughter had with her oldest sister.

Cold, calculating, manipulative, arrogant with no regard whatsoever of the consequences of her actions. But since she was a little girl, what terrified her mother the most about her daughter besides her bad temper were her eyes. Her eyes turned the same dark green shade that Bellatrix's eyes possessed and they didn't go back to their normal jade shade until she had calmed down. Clotilde and Timothée learned since they were kids to always notice the changes in Madeleine's eyes and when they became dark, they knew that it was best not to be around her in case they would come out as collateral damage of one of her outbursts.

Moday morning, Lizzie and Alicia woke her up so that they could get breakfast together and talk about what had happened but she wasn't in the mood to talk. It would only distract her from planning to achieve her new main goal. Going down for breakfast she had her headphones plugged in, draining all of the outside noise. She sat down with the rest, still listening to music with the maximum level of volume on while reading and sipping her coffee at the same time. Fred tried catching her attention by staring at her for some time but when she never looked up he gave up. Alicia was tapping her shoulder repeatedly and as Madeleine continued to ignore her, the brunette yanked one of her earphones out of her ear.

"What was that for?" Maddie scoffed.

"You have detention this week right?" Alicia asked and she nodded.

"You're gonna go deaf one of these days" Lee lifted his brows.

"Whatever, I'm going to class" she rolled her eyes and left the hall.

The only person Madeleine talked to that day was Adrian since they had potions together. She batted her eyelashes at him and flirted for the entire class making Alicia throw up internally since she was sitting with Montague in front of them. When the clock hit eight o'clock, Maddie headed straight to Umbridge's office not really minding that she was about to cut into her skin for four hours straight. She had other things preocupating her mind and her plan was to make the four hours count to fuel her rage even further.

"Come in" Umbridge's voice sounded once Maddie had knocked on the door. She sat on the desk where the parchment and blood quill were already waiting for her. "Well dear, you already know how it works so I want you write 'I must keep my legs close' " the woman fake smiled and settled on ther desk to watch as she began writing.

It was an odd feeling, because she couldn't feel the quill's sting everytime she wrote the sentence. The words were already carved permanently into her skin but she couldn't feel the pain. Step one of her scheme was done. Pucey was wrapped around her finger so she already had a headstart there. After the four hours were done, she stood up to show Umbridge her hand per her request and was finally allowed to leave. On her way to the common room, Madeleine made a quick stop in the loo to clean the blood and bandage her hand. When she stepped inside the common room, it was fairly empty besides her friends and some fifth years including the golden trio and Clotilde.

"What did she make you write?" Fred stood up holding a bouquet of sunflowers.

"None of your business" Madeleine replied sharply.