Chapter Two

Clementine's P.O.V

"I can't believe this Sam" I seethed, ripping another 'Caps Back' poster down from the wall "I thought I was doing the right thing" Sam signed, his hand landing on my shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I turned to face him with a small smile "I know Sammy, I just wish there was something we could do" I breathed out, Sam held a bag out to me "let's start off by checking out the Flash-Smashers okay? I've got your tactical suit packed away for you, I can't imagine you trying to fight in that" He sassed gesturing to my outfit.

I look down at myself, I chose high-waisted black jeans, a black cami, and my leather jacket "there's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing" I shot back at him, Sam glanced down at my heels "can you run in those?" I didn't answer him, snatching the bag out of his hands.

"You ready guys?" Torres chucked his camo backpack over his shoulder as he led us to the plane "thanks for doing this on such short notice" he looked back at me "no sweat Clem, I'm just finishing off the checklist you'll be all good to go once we land in Munich" Sam clapped his hand on Torres's shoulder as they stopped in front of another poster "thanks man"

I left them standing there as I headed down the stairs first, I got so distracted with my bag that I collied with someone at the bottom. Hands shot around my forearms, steadying me "careful Dove" my head shot up at the familiar nickname. Bucky's big blue eyes stared down at me "what are you doing here Bucky?" I stuttered, I could hear Sam making his way down the stairs.

"You shouldn't have given up the shield Sam" Bucky boomed, his hands still holding me close. Sam stood behind me "It's good to see you too Buck" he quipped walking past us, I slipped out of Bucky's grip as I followed "this is wrong" Bucky snapped, his steps falling in sync with mine.

"Hey look, we're working, alright? So all this outrage is going to have to wait" Sam resorted, Bucky raised his eyebrows at me "you didn't know that was going to happen? I mean he's practically begging to meet you" Bucky hissed pointing to the poster. I stopped and turned to him "no of course we didn't know that was going to happen, does it look like I want to meet him?" I sassed back, hands on my hips as I glared at him.

Bucky signed stepping closer to me, his hand brushing mine "you think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there, and call him the new Captain America" Sam added, his voice cracking slightly "Steve didn't want this" Bucky whispered back, the sound breaking my heart.

"What do you want me to do? Call America and tell them I changed my mind? Yeah right, great reunion buddy" Sam snapped patting Bucky on the back and walking ahead "you had no right to give up the shield Sam" Bucky growled catching up to us.

"Here's what you're not going to do, you're not going to come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights" Sam hissed stepping closer to Bucky, I wedged myself between them, forcing a bit of distance. Bucky's chest pressed against my shoulder as he glared at Sam "arguing isn't going to solve anything, we have bigger things to deal with right now" I reasoned.

Bucky's gaze flicked down to look at me, his face softened as he edged a little closer "what could be bigger than this Dove?" he murmured, I signed turning to face him as I pulled out my phone and showed him the video "this guy, he's connected to rebel organizations all over eastern and central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong" Sam informed showing him more pictures.

"And?" Bucky rolled his eyes at us, Sam huffed in frustration "and, he's be connected to this online group called the Flag- Smashers. Redwing traced them to a building outside Munich and that's where we're going" Sam added bluntly, shoving his phone back in his pocket.

"Well, I don't trust Redwing" Bucky resorted, I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips. Bucky's always hated Redwing "you don't have to trust Redwing" I reminded him, nudging him gently.