oo6. 𝘖𝘓𝘋 𝘏𝘈𝘉𝘐𝘛𝘚 𝘋𝘐𝘌 𝘏𝘈𝘙𝘋

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

NIGHT TIME WAS A QUICK visitor that crept upon the two girls as their conversation went from tentative questions to full blown personal ones.

Estela found it easy to talk to Rachel despite being years older than her. She was never really a social butterfly herself, having had befriended her fellow Titans solely through Dick. Stacey had been an exception, though. Since Estela and her were desk buddies, an exchange of words was inevitable.  Soon she found that they shared a lot of things in common, thus a solid friendship was formed.

There was a knock on the door that made Estela and Rachel pause their talking, the latter signing when she saw Dick's face appear.

"I'm sorry," she said. "It's getting worse."

He shook his head. "You don't have anything to be sorry for, Rachel. I'm the one who should—"

Another knock interrupted him; this time, Dawn walked inside the room.

"How you doing, sweetheart?" she asked Rachel softly. "Hank is sorry. He can be a real asshole sometimes."

"Sometimes," Estela snorted. Dawn hid a smile.

"We gotta go," the blonde continued and turned to Dick. "Hank and I have that thing."

Estela pursed her lips, already knowing what she was hinting at. "Be safe," she told her.

But Dick wasn't so keen to wish her the same. "Dawn, I really think you should reconsider. Okay? We both know it's too dangerous."

Estela frowned and slowly stood up from the bed to stand beside them. "How dangerous?"

Dawn gave the two of them a shrug. "You win some, you lose some."

"Dawn—"

"Take care of him, okay?" she interrupted Estela, addressing the dark-haired woman and Rachel at the same time. "He needs all the help he can get."

With one last look at Dick and Estela, she left the room with her back straight and head held high; the click of the front door was the only signal that she and Hank left.

"She needs your help," Rachel spoke up. "I can feel it. Isn't that what you guys do?"

"What?" Estela asked her.