Chapter Thirteen

"We should go to the new cafe near our Academy"

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea, what do you think Owen, (Y/n)?" You bite your bottom lip at River's question, while Owen replies.

"Yeah sure"

Then their gazes turn towards you, waiting for your answer patiently.

"I don't think I can go, my dad will pick me up, and I haven't taken his permission, sorry guys" Owen rolls his eyes.

"So, your dad is a helicopter parent who doesn't allow you to hang out with us outside the Academy nor does he allow you to have social media accounts"

You shook your head at him and sigh, doubting whether you should tell him about the Elliot 'buying' thing.

However, you don't want to see your father's reaction after exposing him.

"It isn't a big deal" Nathan huffs.

"Your dad is so toxic that you don't even realize it" you stay silent.

For you, Elliot might be mean and everything, but he has never hurt you in any way possible.

Yes, he did manipulate you and he even 'bought' you, yet he didn't crash your heart as your parents did.

"The last period is free, we can hang out at the cafe for a while before returning back to the academy, your father won't even know"

You think for a minute about Owen's suggestion before finally agreeing.

"Yeah, sure"

After those words came out, you start to feel extremely guilty for some reason as if you were about to commit a crime.

-----

Elliot stares at his phone screen for a few minutes with a smile, as he swipes through the pictures he has taken of you, the last two weeks you spend together.

He feels so proud and happy that you became his daughter, no one can describe this happiness.

Leo watches his boss with a smile as he stands near his desk holding many documents.

"Miss (Y/n) has changed you, hasn't she?"

"Yes, at first I didn't like anyone nor I cared about them, but now-" Leo cuts him off.

"But now you love everyone, right?" Elliot removes his eyes from his phone and sneers.

"No! I only adore my daughter, the rest are garbage that doesn't deserve my attention" Leo sighs.

'Of course not, you will always stay the same'

S

suddenly the CEO's phone starts ringing causing him great annoyance.

But he answers when he sees that it is your history teacher, Lori.

"Hey, Lori" he imitates a nice tone

"Hello, Elliot, I just wondered if you have picked up (y/n), yet?" Elliot frowns.

"What do you mean, doesn't the academy finish at three o'clock?"

"Not today, the last period is free, didn't (y/n) call you?"

"No, she didn't"

Once the call ends, Elliot quickly calls you.

"Hi, Papa" the blond man frowns upon hearing your voice.

"Have you finished yet or do you still have the last period?"

He pretends to not know that you are not at the academy just to see if you are going to lie or tell the truth.

"I still have last period" you lie.

"Ok, good luck, sweetheart because you are going to need it"

"...Thank you"

When the call between you two ends, Elliot stands up and turns to Leo.

"Prepare the car, we are going to La Rosa Cafe" Elliot orders, staring at his phone, locating your location within seconds.

"As you wish, sir"

Poor you, didn't know that Elliot put a locating code on your phone.

------

"...Thank you"

You felt your heart drop to your stomach when the call ends, knowing there is something wrong.

"Are you going to eat this cake?" Nathan point at your favorite cake.

"Shut up Nathan, is there something wrong, (Y/n)?" Owen asks worriedly seeing your pale face.

"Yes, there is, but I don't know what it is" you reply.

"Someone is paranoid for lying to her father" River sings, taking a bite of his cheesecake.

"I'm not paranoid" you deny.

When in reality, you have a very bad feeling.

About fifteen minutes passed of you feeling beyond until you decide to get rid of this feeling by leaving the cafe.

"I think we should leave and return back to the academy," you say, suddenly standing up.

"But I haven't even finished my drink yet" Nathan whines.

Owen suddenly snatches his friend's drink away before drinking it all and placing the empty glass back on the table.

"There, happy?"

When Nathan was about to snap at Owen when suddenly two familiar figures enter the cafe.

Carlisle and Jude were smiling and laughing until they saw you and your friends.

His smiles turn into a cruel one as he approaches your group.

"Oh look what we have here if it isn't ms. daddy's girl" you scoff

"Don't you think you are a bit old to bully us?" you inquire, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Leave her alone, Carlisle" Jude gets ignored as usual.

"What are you going to do about it? will you go crying to your daddy"

No one notices the figure who enters the cafe until he stands directly behind him.

"And what is wrong with her telling me about scumbags like yourself"

Your breath hitches when your eyes meet your father's blue ones.

You don't know whether to feel relieved at Elliot saving you from Carlisle's teasing.

Or to feel threatened by the punishment waiting for you at home.