Chapter ninety

"(Y/n) you can't visit him, the chancellor already has his suspicions, going to his room would be walking right into his trap." Trysten spoke quietly while Leia was checking the blood pressure on my non broken arm. Since Palpatines visit she'd taken to being my on-call nurse twenty-four-seven. Actually the pair had never left me alone after the unwanted visit, it appeared they knew exactly what o did about the man and were being just as careful to keep the lives. I however was still the most anxious, being that I was pretending to have trauma induced amnesia I wasn't allowed to see Anakin and find out what state he was truly in.

"But...I need to see him...if he's hurt I, I need to see him..." I repeated in that hoarse voice s I looked towards him. I still couldn't lift my head from the pillow, I felt to weak even without the burns to my skin. The man gave me a sad smile with understanding eyes as he leant his chin on the back of his hands.

"I'm sorry honey, but that's a risk you of all people can't afford to take." He replied causing me to whimper a little. The thought that he was in trouble and I couldn't help was horrible. The fact he mentioned me specifically though, well they was just confusing.

"...what do you mean...me of all people..?" I asked having to stop and give a sore cough half way through. That smoke had really done a number on my lungs. The my combed his fingers back through his wave hair and gave me an awkward smile, his green eyes flickering across to Leia who was unpacking my daily meds.

"He means you're the centre of this: (y/n)...Ari sent us letters to, we're caught up on the situation, a situation the both of us have been peeping for long before this so have some faith okay loth cat," The twi'lek woman spoke kindly placing her hand atop my while pushing forward a glass of water for me to take my med with. She then moved to help sit me up by supporting my shoulder and plumping up my pillows. "And try not to worry, I swung by Anakin's room this morning, he's in good hands and doing well: apparently it's just force exhaustion." She added for my peace of mind while helping offering me my medication since I only had one working hand. I breathed out a sigh of relief before taking the first set of tablets, washing the set down with a couple of painful swigs of water.

"...that's a relief...but I still wish I could see him..." I sighed before cringing as my ribs stung were a couple had shattered during the accident. The pain was unbearable but luckily only lasted a couple of moments, the sickness it brought with it however, that lasted far longer unfortunately. "...so...what is it you've been doing exactly..?" I uttered out while the pain subsided, looking between the pair for an explanation as to what Leia meant. My twi'lek friend looked to the communications senator with a meaningful stare. Trysten exhaled with an anxious look before turning to meet my gaze as I gently lay myself back down.

"You don't know this: but we'll before the war started I had a boyfriend in the senate, but he split to join the separatists," he began saying and for a moments I tended. Which was bad since it antagonised all my injuries. "Please don't give me that look: it's not like I'm leaking information (y/n), we're just trying to make life work in this crazy mess up galaxy," he added in explanation before Leia cleared her throat and gave an indicating nod for him to get to the point. "Anyway: point is we keep in touch, and we've been plotting out the dates and-

"And they figured out creepy Palps was up to something: just before Dooku made an announcement Palpatine would always schedule for a private meeting to be held in his office, so I did some digging and found out that just before Karinas body was discovered Palpatine had a suspicious package moved out his office...he...

"...he killed my mother..." I finished as Leia trailed off with an apologetic look in her blue eyes. Lying there I remembered Dookus words to Palpatine, how he'd figured out the truth to and seemed almost as upset as I was. "Yeah...I heard that much..." I added still looking down to the side, wondering just how much Palpatine had got away with while right under our noses. As I lay there Leia gently laced her fingers through my functional hand, giving it a very light encouraging squeeze. I was out to speak again when there was a knock at the door, the three of us all looking round with concern that it was Palpatine.