Twenty-Five

After taking the test, I threw up again before finally heading out to meet Luke and Crystal in the living area. Luke had his head in his hands and Crystal was sitting next the him, rubbing his upper back and telling him everything would be fine. I held the test in my hand and they both looked up at me as I walked into the room.

"I haven't looked at it yet," I told them as I sat down on the other side of Luke.

"We'll look together then," Luke whispered, grabbing my free hand and squeezing it.

"It's been 15 minutes right?" I asked Crystal. She glanced down at the time on her phone before nodding.

I sighed before flipping the test over in my hand and I started to cry for no reason in particular after looking at it, "Negative."

"I would kiss you right now, but this probably means that I'm like actually sick and I don't want to get you sick," I whispered to Luke.

"I'll settle for a hug then," He said before pulling me into a hug. It's not like we didn't want kids, both of us talked about having kids in the future. Having kids in this moment was not something we considered.

"Alright you two, I'm going to head back to bed," Crystal told us. I watched as she got up and retreated to the bunks.

"We should probably get back to bed too," I said, pulling away from Luke, "And we should probably not sleep in the same bed, since I clearly have something."

Luke shook his head, "No Addy, I probably already have whatever you have, we probably kissed a thousand times yesterday and it takes more than a day for a virus to take hold in your body. I'm staying with you."

"But—" I started.

"No buts, if I get sick, I get sick. Right now, I'd rather be there to support you and make sure you're feeling okay," He promised me, grabbing both of my hands with his own.

I sighed. "Fine, but sick me is probably worse than drunk me," I warned him.

He cracked a smile, "Yeah, drunk you was fun, there's no way you could be like that when sick."

I let out a small smile, "Let's head back to bed yeah?" I asked him before standing up and grabbing the pregnancy test I had taken off of the couch beside me. Luke nodded and stood up beside me and lead both of us back to the bunks. I shoved the test in my bag before lying down in bed next to Luke.

"Sleep tight," He whispered kissing the side of my head.

"Thank you, I'll let you know how I feel in the morning," I told him. He nodded against my neck and pulled me into his chest.

However, when I woke up, Luke was not beside me in bed. I got up to find the everybody was out of their beds except for me.

"Morning sunshine!" Crystal said enthusiastically as I trudged into the living space.

I groaned as I looked around and found Calum, Ashton, and Michael on one couch and a very pale looking Luke on the other sofa, wrapped in a blanket. Well, at least we were sick together.

I sat down next to Luke and he pulled me into his chest, "Adalyn, I don't know if I'd do that, he was throwing up this morning," Ashton warned me.

"Too late, I already threw up in the middle of the night last night," I yawned, wrapping myself in Luke's blanket as well.

"Well, at least we know that you for sure aren't pregnant," Luke grumbled, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

The boys all gave me a puzzled look, "After I threw up last night Luke and Crystal made me take a pregnancy test, it was negative," I informed them.

"And we were asleep for all of this?" Calum asked.

I laughed, "Yeah, apparently you guys sleep like rocks."

"It's a helpful trait sometimes," Calum shrugged.

"If you say so," I shrugged.

"Now is there like Gatorade or something that will hydrate me around here? I need something to drink," Luke mumbled.

"I could also use something," I added in. I hadn't even attempted to put anything in my stomach since it all came out, so a drink was probably my safest bet.

"Um, I don't think so, were pretty much limited to alcohol and water," Crystal said, sorting through the cabinets.

"I'll go to the store and get some stuff," Ashton offered.

"Thank you, Ash," I thanked him sending an air hug in his direction.

"Do you guys need anything else?" He asked, looking in mine and Luke's direction.

"Medicine," I started, "and maybe some soup, that is always good. Oh and crackers because I don't know what else I'll be able to keep down this morning."

"A cure," Luke joked before jolting upright and heading back into the bathroom.

"I think I'm going to buy a lot of everything just in case this takes us all down," Ashton said before heading off the bus to go to the store.

"This better not take us all down, we'll make you two stay in your bunks for the rest of the day, or maybe the bathroom," Calum suggested as I got up to check in Luke. I brought the blanket with me because I had a feeling he would not be wanting to get up anytime soon.

"You wanna make a mosh pit in this tiny bathroom?" I asked Luke, holding out his blanket.

He nodded as he took it and I went to grab the other blankets and pillows off of our bed. I brought them back and not after long we were both sitting in the bathroom floor, wrapped in a blanket.

"Do you think it's food poisoning or do you think it is a stomach bug?" I asked Luke, glancing up to see his eyes were closed.

"Seeing how we both have fevers, probably not food poisoning," He groaned.

"Worst timing ever to be sick, huh?" I said, my stomach turning in on itself. Thankfully, there was nothing left in my stomach to come up.

He let out a laugh, "Yeah, we have a show to perform tomorrow."

"That's not going to happen without our leading man," Ashton said as he threw two Gatorades and a package of crackers at Luke and I.

"Well, I'll just hope I'm better by then," Luke sighed, opening his drink and taking a sip of it.

"I'm sure the fans will understand," I told him, taking the smallest bite of cracker possible.

He thought for a moment, "Yeah."

"How about right now we just take a nap and hope the powers of sleep heal us?" I suggested, snuggling further into his chest.

He smiled before wrapping his arms around my waist, "Sounds nice," He whispered before both of us shut our eyes, attempting to fall asleep.

-----

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think in the comments and vote if you enjoyed the chapter!!

xx - Sidney