˗ˋ 20

CHAPTER TWENTY

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THERE'S RELIEF

. . .

After Tonks and Lupin had gotten Rosie back to bed - accidentally waking the twins in the process and having to explain the situation in hushed whispers - the Kersey girl sleep the majority of the day. 

Her sleep was dreamless and it was clear just how tired she was when it came to waking her up. "Hey - Kersey. Oh thank Merlin she's opened her eyes." George hissed, as the girl's dark eyes focused and it seemed rather suddenly she was seeing double, head tilting at the exact same appearing twice above her.

But as she woke up more, she knew that it was just the twins and stiffled a yawn with her hand, blinking as she sat up. "You've been out like a light all morning." Fred commented, sitting down at the end of her bed. "There were concerns you had somehow died, but you're far too stubborn for that."

"You're right." Rosie nodded, glancing around. "So what time is it? How was Harry's hearing." 

"It's only about lunch, but we dug out one of your potions that we think could cure your tiredness." George held up a vial, Rosie taking the bottle, reading the label in the half-light before pulling out the stopper and tipping her head back, swallowing it hall. Instantly, she felt a little better, pushing the covers away from her legs.

"And Harry's just got back, we thought we would wake you up before we went down. It's lunch as well, and you should get some more food down you." Fred continued. "Tonks and Lupin told us all about your little outburst in the kitchen, you know that this experimentation of yours does have to slow down a bit."

"I know, I know - and I also didn't expect you to be the one to tell me this." Rosie frowned as shhe slipped out of her bed, reaching for cabinet behind the bed and pulling out another vial, taking a sip, pulling on a hoodie and slipping it into the pocket. "I'll sleep properly again, okay? I've just been worried."

"We all have, Rosie-posie. Now come on, let's go see if Harry got expelled or not." George said, and the twins pulled her away from the mirror where she was trying to straighten out her sleep-crumpled outfit. 

They joined the hurry to get downstairs, entering the kitchen to see Mrs Weasley pull Harry into a hug. 

"I knew it!" Ron was yelling, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!" 

"They were bound to clear you," said Hermione, who appeared positively faint with anxiety as she looked at Harry. "There was no case against you, none at all..."

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," said Harry, smiling. He twisted round to see Rosie as she was pulled into a ring with the twins and Ginny, a low, cheerful chant beginning between them. "Thank's for the potion, I felt a lot better about things after taking things."

"Well that was it's aim!" The girl called back, before joining in with the cheers. Rosie wasn't telling anyone about this venture with Felix Felicis, and she was planning on reducing her usage of it, so that she didn't become too dependant.

Wizards had gone crazy over the luck it brought them, and drinking it almost became an addiction for them. So, Rosie was going to limit herself for when it was really needed. If she was making a potion for someone about to do something completely stupid, perhaps a droplet would make it's way in there (granted it wouldn't react poorly), or if someone was between life or death. But she had two vials of it left, and she needed that to last her for a while.

Mrs Weasley was wiping her face on her apron, and Rosie's promise to herself to reduce her use of Felix left her mind as she, Fred,George, and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went "He got off, he got off, he got off-"

"That's enough, settle down!" Mr Weasley shouted, though he was smiling too. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry-" Despite the chanting, Rosie's had heard the mention of the the eldest Malfoy and directed the dance towards the adults.

"What?" Sirius asked sharply. 

"He got off, he got off, he got off-"

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know." Arthur continued, barely glancing over at the group.

"Absolutely," Sirius replied. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner-" Arthur continued, and through the chanting, Rosie's ears were straining to hear the conversation.

"He got off, he got off, he got off-"

"That's enough Rosie - Fred - George - Ginny!" Mrs Weasley called, as Mr Weasley left the kitchen. "Harry dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast. Rosie - you too." 

The group split, sliding down onto their seats at the table in the kitchen as food began to be placed on the table in front of them in large dishes. Rosie suddenly felt as if she hadn't eaten for far too long and began to serve herself, Fred, George and Ginny still chanting in her ear. 

And with one last shout from Mrs Weasley, the song died down. 

Harry had been let off, and it was a relief for the entire household.