𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘

Michael.
Surgical Ward.
15:45

"Oh, there you are. What took you so long to come? Didn't your teachers teach you not to run down the halls?" I asked once I see Cleo running down the hallway.

She catches her breath before answering dryly, "E-Elevator!"

I shake my head before frowning angrily at her, "Well, next time when your ass is paged by me, you get yourself up and run up the damn stairs if you have to. When I page, you better be here like your life depends on it."

She frowns at me slightly before nodding, "U-uh okay, what do you need?" I hand her a chart aggressively, "I don't need you doing consults anymore. Rose and Dalton will cover it for the rest of the week. You can handle pre-ops and surgery up here."

She grabs the chart and looks at it, "It's blank." My eyes widen as I answer angrily, "Okay, and? Go find a patient and fill it out! I'm sure there's someone that needs it filled!" She looks at me, somewhat concerned, "Doctor, you know nurses do triage for th-"

I yell back, "Oh really? Are you telling me something I already know, Cleo? You're the damn intern and I'm the teacher and when I tell you to do something, you just do it! This is a DAMN hospital ran by ME and I don't need your damn commentary now go in there and give me a filled-in chart so I can perform surgery!" She looks at me, somewhat disgruntled, before walking away.

I exhale slowly before turning around to the surgical whiteboard to erase some of the notes as I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders.

"Hey you, I could hear you screaming down the hall. What got you so grumpy, hm?" Lisa whispers. I grumble and turn to her, once I finished the board, "Stupid interns, per usual." She pecks my lips reassuringly, "Well, don't let him annoy you too much. I would hate to see my husband getting gray hairs over children." I chuckle as my arms wrapped around her small, petite waist.

"What brought you down here, babygirl? You know you were so naughty earlier in the closet..." I mumbled.

She giggles as my warm breath tickles her ear. "Well, I wasn't as naughty as you in there, Mr. 'Oh Lisa don't stop!'  You can't lie and say you didn't enjoy our little fun," she purrs. I roll my eyes as my hands slid from her waist before glancing at my watch.

"I have to work tonight, so I guess I'm going to take a rain check on our dinner date," I confessed.

She sighs before shaking her head slowly. "Michael, can't you make someone cover for you? My mother is going to be there," she expressed. I fake a gag before turning around to the whiteboard behind me.

"You know your mother and me....well we aren't two peas in a pod."

She gently plucks my ear, "Maybe because you insulted her hair color!" I snicker as I thought about last Thanksgiving with Lisa's family.

I turn back to Lisa. "Well, it's not my fault she asked for my honest opinion. What I was suppose to do? Lie?" I asked.

Lisa grumbles, "Yes, you idiot! I wouldn't like you either if you compared my hair to a Raggedy Ann doll."

As she said that, I burst out in laughter which caused her to smuggle a smile, trying to contain her laughter, before slapping my arm, "It's not funny!" Eventually, I calmed myself down before kissing her cheek, "I just don't want to have dinner with her. I know she doesn't like me. She hasn't liked me since we've been dating. Who knows, she might look like Howdy Doody today."