Ch.6 - Decisions Been Made

Hello! Have you guys seen all this new Age of Ultron stuff? I'm so excited!

Enjoy!

15 COMMENTS AND NEW CHAPTER
______________________________________

Practicing her control, Charlotte gently closes the bedroom door behind her. A few unsteady steps as all the things tense inside her, restricting her air, and icing a chill through her brittle bones, she collapses on the bed. Pulling at unfamiliar covers, burrowing herself into darkness.

It feels like fire and defeat pouring through strained veins. Thin arteries and a lazy sluggish beating thing in her chest that does more as a sponge of blue blood then spread love and warmth.

Charlotte is officially enrolled Mercy-Grace University.

Robert had remained at her side as Teresa went on about the excitement. Gesticulating wildly. He had nodded politely as Charlotte stood stalk still, world blurring only for a moment before she tightened her lips, pressing them into a thin line pensively. Trying to ignore the pain gutting her chest open, letting in snowy air and crisp icicles, grasp loose as Miami slipped away, fading into her past. Her hopes and dreams of returning home diminishing into sweet nothing.

The truck ride home had been tough. Challenging. Her mom had talked off her ear about how great this was, how thrilling, as Charlotte tried not to get herself submitted into a psychiatric ward. She sat silent, ripping a hole into her new grey sweater at the pressure of keeping it all under the cap.

There is no basis for Charlotte to be upset, not in her mothers eyes. Not when she had just enrolled her daughter in one of the top schools in the country, prestigious and all.

And Charlotte doesn't say a word. Not a single syllable. Not when what her mother is saying is so damn fucking true it physically hurts. That doesn't mean that she's not nineteen and in mourning of her old life, of the friends and place around her.

Now she's pinned down in rainy state and if she even hushes a word of discontent, she'll be told she is overly sensitive.

Don't be so sensitive.

A sentence that would always haunt her for more reasons than one. That manipulative bastard.

So she had white knuckled her sweater, fists achingly red and sat with a set jaw just counting down the moments till she could go unravel alone.

Now here she was, muffled sounds of her crying as she wept into her pillow from home. Sad and alone. Pathetic.

She just wanted someone, anyone to understand her, to see from her point of view right now. Just this once.

Like Robert had. Knowing her for all of a gathered five minutes and still miles closer to seeing her point of view than anyone, including and most importantly, her mother and father.

He'd been so sweet, nervous at first trying to make polite conversation. Pretty sure he saw how nervous she was, but he was also confident. She could tell that of him. Something she looks forward to being. She seen as had loosened up after, as she too had. He even had her laughing, and smiling. Both newly foreign things for her to emote.

He hadn't been biased in his attempt to help her get an opinion for the school. For her to enrol. He'd gently told her what they had to offer then proceeded very directly after to say she could get it anywhere else. Just the same. Aside from his presence of course.

He'd just stood by her side as her mom went on and on about how she'd gotten her all signed up for next Monday. As if, what? Charlotte would be pleased to hear all this? Especially after just talking to her about her discomfort for schooling. How MGU might not be a good fit for her.