Chapter 11: Game #1

Alaiya's POV:

A couple of days later after me trying to forget the events that occurred while Carson thought I was asleep, I get out of English class and thought I was going to dance, but then remember that that's not going to happen. I've been passing by the room and seeing them all laughing and having fun with their choreography, which only makes me want be apart of it again even more. Their performance was amazing on Monday with Skyler as the lead. They stuck to the previous plot which we had planned before Mrs.Lambert decided to change it. Skyler and Dylan were phenomenal and even got a standing ovation from me and the rest of the audience too.

Since I'm being a little more sentimental today for some reason, I decide to sneak into the studio tonight. I know the dance team doesn't have practice today and Carson also has a game tonight, so it should be fine. I used to always do it for fun, and as long as I'm not with a guy and am just by myself, Carson wouldn't even care.

I finish my shift, and since it's Monday and not many guests come in today due to work, I finish my homework since I had some extra time. Our group got an A on our essay in English and I haven't talked to any of them since. Well, except Ivy, but only a couple of times. She usually hangs out with the guys which I definitely do not want to make the mistake of doing, so we haven't been as close.

Carson hasn't drunk anything for two days now, but that doesn't mean I stopped being afraid. He still hit me while sober so I'm careful no matter what state he's in. I just have to get through this stage with him and soon, he'll be fine.

Peyton hasn't spoken a word to me either no matter how many times I've told her that I didn't send that text. I feel horrible for the way Peyton feels and what she's going through, and I wish I could be there for her, but she won't even let me step two inches near her without walking away. I mentioned it to Carson and he said he didn't know what the heck I was talking about. I don't know how my phone could've just sent that message because I know for a fact that I would never do something that cruel to Peyton.

Maybe I sleep text?

My parents left a couple of days ago, and my mom is still very pissed that I quit dance. She was way more pissed than the dance team was. At least they wished me farewell. My mom just nagged me the entire time she was here over and over again.

I drive to the studio at around nine after helping close up the restaurant. The lights are off, and nobody seems to be in here so it's a perfect time. I go and put on a tank-top before connecting my phone to the speaker. It's not a rule that we can't come in here so it's not really sneaking in. It's just nobody wants to be in here after rehearsal because they're usually all worn out. I actually have a lot of pent up energy since I'm not dancing anymore, meaning I have to let it out. First, I stretch, and then I begin the solo that Mrs.Lambert had made for me when I first joined this class. She gave us all different solos that she said would be perfected by the end of our time here. They are the most difficult dances we've ever had, and that's why she assigned them to us. I still can't get mine down, but now that I have free time on my hands, why not get it right.

***

Roman's POV

Everyone gets to the showers and coach enters with his usual set glare that could either mean he's proud of us, or that something fucked up happened in his own life.

"Where's Nelson?" he demands an answer with his hands on his sides.

We all look around but don't see him.

"He left," Lockwood answers and coach oh's.

"Rider, take this letter to the dance studio," he commands, and Rider stomps with his wet hair dripping everywhere.