Cat Grant x Reader

Sometimes the fame gets to people's head. Cat had told herself that would never happen to her. She had (Y/N)'s love, understanding, and patience to keep her grounded. If only Cat had known.

(Y/N)- Your Name

Author Note- Forgive me for any mistakes. Life has been crazy and its been awhile since I watched Supergirl.

Warnings- None I can think of. Please message me if you would like any added.

20 Years Ago

Cat POV

"I did it (Y/N)! I'm finally going to be able to build my own media empire!" I shouted out to the love of my life. (Y/N) has been through everything with me. They held me on the nights I came home crying and gave me the motivation to keep going. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. (Y/N) jumped up with the twinkle of excitement in their eyes. They ran up to me and picked me up around the waist. (Y/N) swung me around as they held onto and laughed with pure excitement in their voice.

"I always knew you could do it baby!" They exclaimed without an ounce of doubt in their voice. They always have been my greatest supporter.

15 Years Ago

Things had become difficult at home. Cat knew that (Y/N) could tell something was off. Cat had been staying at the office later and later. She excused it by saying she was at a critical stage in the growth of her business. The truth was that Cat had men and women throwing themselves at her. She began having flings with people all over different cities. She excused all her travel as just her trying to help her business grow. Cat had never thought she would become this woman yet here she was.
At home (Y/N) was crying themselves to sleep every night. They could feel Cat slipping away and didn't know what to do to make her fall in love again. They had been with Cat when she was unable to afford even a coffee. (Y/N) had never strayed from her relationship with Cat. She helped put Cat through college and she had been there for every rejection Cat had received. (Y/N) just didn't know what to do or how much they could take anymore.

10 Years Ago

Tears filled (Y/N)s eyes at the image on the magazine. She had always suspected these past years that Cat was straying. They didn't want to believe it though. Surely Cat wouldn't do that to them. They stuck with her through everything. All the long sleepless nights. The even longer days as Cat worked to achieve her goal of building her business. She comforted her and kept her going even when Cat felt hopeless. Yet now there was no more denying it. The proof was right in front of them.

"(Y/N)?" Cat called out as she came through the front door. (Y/N) didn't respond. Their eyes focused on the magazine and the image on the front. The image of their wife kissing another person.

"(Y/N) darling where are you?"
(Y/N) slowly walked out from the bedroom. The magazine in their hands with a death grip. Their eyes slowly rose to meet Cats.

"How could you?" It came out in a strained whisper. Cat looked at (Y/N) confused before her eyes were drawn to the magazine in their hand.

"It's... It's not what it looks like. You know how the paparazzi are. They will twist anything and everything. You know I would never do that to you." The desperation in Cats voice was clear as she tried to talk her way out of this. She couldn't lose (Y/N). (Y/N) let out a sob laugh and looked towards the floor as the tears began to fall. Cat didn't actually expect them to believe that did she?

"I can't do this anymore Cat. I'm done. I am DONE being your second option. I am done with the sleepless nights wondering if you are even coming home. I'm leaving. Don't worry though I'm not going to try to go after your precious media empire." (Y/N) sneered at Cat.

"(Y/N) please no. We can....we can work through this. I'm sorry. Please don't leave!" Cat was hysterical the tears began to fall down her face. (Y/N) just chocked out a laugh.

"You're only sorry because you got caught Cat." (Y/N) turned away to go back to the room she once shared with Cat. She quickly packed a bag as Cat stood frozen. She just watched as (Y/N) walked past with their suitcase in their hand. (Y/N) turned around as they got to the front door and just looked at Cat. This woman was the love of her life. She had struggled beside her and had sworn she would never walk away from her. Yet in the end Cat hadn't given her much of a choice. (Y/N) turned back around and walked out of the only place that has ever felt like home.

Present Time

(Y/N) just stared at the catco building. Even 10 years later the memories it brings up would still sting. They had tried to move on from Cat but they never could. No matter how many dates they went on; how amazing the people were they just weren't Cat. A soft sigh escaped their lips as they shoved their hands in their pockets. They turned away and began to walk away. They couldn't stay here and continue to torture themselves with the memories that flooded their mind. They walked down the street to the coffee shop and stopped in. So many memories here too. A small tear fell down their check as the emotions overwhelmed them for a second. They went and ordered their usual and went to sit down in their favorite spot. A spot they had once shared with Cat. Their hands shaking slightly as they took a sip of their drink. As they set down their cup they began to play with their necklace. They had never had the heart to throw away their wedding rings but it had hurt too much to wear them. The necklace was a way to keep them close. Even after all this time the only person they wanted; the only person they held love for in their heart was Cat. Unfortunately for (Y/N) not all stories have a happy ending. The only thing they could do was to continue to take it one day at a time and maybe one day the pain of Cats betrayal would become a dull ache.