Chapter four

Venti POV

"Hey i'm Venti, a freshman here. how are ya!" I said excitingly. I was blown away by his looks and his mesmerizing eyes. He was in pain and needed help. I wasn't going to ask if he had depression because asking if you have depression, you won't get a straight forward answer. It's like the weather you never know what you're gonna get. I saw him grimace before looking at Zhongli as if he were a child asking for permission to pet a animal. Zhongli gave a warming smile and nodded. "I am Xiao. If you are to involve yourself with me I suggest to not. Only regret will follow." Xiao said bitterly. I then gave Xiao a warming smile and said 

"Nice to meet you! I hope we can be friends " Zhongli then pulled out a chair and told Xiao to take a seat."So how is school so far Venti?" Zhongli asked with a warm smile. So far it's only been classes but the teachers were nice. The only thing i liked about going to school was seeing friends. "It's okay i guess" I responded while taking a braid and playing with it."Have you guys eaten yet?" I asked. Xiao nodded his head no ."I will go get something for us to eat." Zhongli said. " W-Wait i have food. Don't leave me her-" he said but Zhongli had already gotten up and walked away.

"Damn it" I heard Xiao mutter under his breath. He was trying everything to stay out of peoples way. Even though I didn't know him well i was going to try everything to make him realize that he was worth it. Xiao lifted his hands to run his fingers through his hair when his elbow knocked over the cup of grape juice that i had purchased earlier. It splashed all over my jacket. I quickly stood up and reached for napkins when xiao said " Oh shit, I'm sorry here let me assist you." He said before taking the napkins from my hands and tried his best to wipe up the spilt juice. His hands were wiping my body now. He touched me as if i was delicate glass.

He got most of it, I was no longer wet but my shirt was stained. I heard Xiao clear his throat " Uhm, well i have a extra shirt. . . If you need it" He said in a whisper. I looked up at him to see him staring straight at me. "O-Oh, Uhh. . . Sure!" I said shyly. Why was I getting so nervous. I could tell he was nervous because he was fiddling with his hands. "Um well let me tell Zhongli i'll be right back." He said quietly before walking away.

Xiao POV

Why was I doing this? I could've just left him there all alone for Zhongli to find him. Venti wouldn't have stayed with me either way. Like i said why would I involve myself with people? Why do others try so hard to make friends, we are all going to die one day and no one will remember or care for us. So why even try to begin with? I was walking towards Zhongli when i saw a group of students talking and laughing with each other. How come they can see the colorful world? Why can't i see that? Why can't i see the beauty of the world and laugh because I'm happy? I know I can't do it alone. How am I supposed to try to be happy by myself if my body wants to fight and survive this nightmare, where as my mind wants to die? If i talk to someone they would leave me behind and forget all about me.

I finally reached Zhongli when I cleared my throat and said " I accidentally spilled some juice on Venti. So I'm going to go give him my extra clothes" I muttered while tapping my foot on the ground impatiently. "That's fine Xiao" Zhongli said while turning to face me. "Go on ahead i'll be here until the end of lunch if you guys are hungry" I grunted in response and started walking back towards Venti. Today just happened to be my lucky day when i saw Keqing and Mona walking and laughing infront of me. I quickly turned the other direction only to bump into someone. I panicked seeing that there was no other way out. I didn't want to talk with anyone right now especially Keqing. I starting scanning the cafeteria to see another way out when i felt someone grab my arm and drag me to the side.

"Are you okay?" Venti asked with a cheeky smile. "Hmph" I said before wiggling out of his hands grasp. "Let's just leave already" I started walking towards the hall that my locker was located. I made it to my locker and opened it. "Hey, why do you have extra clothes anyways?" Venti asked. I could feel his eyes on me. I rolled my eyes and said " I don't know" I continued to rummage through my backpack to find the extra clothes. "What do you like?" Venti asked while bending down so his face was next to mine. "Being left alone" i said bitterly. I had finally found the extra clothes so i got up closed my locker again. It was a white shirt and a dark blue hoodie. I gave Venti the clothes " Here go change in the bathroom." I paused thinking about what to say next. "Uh . . . I guess just come back and I'll take your clothes." Venti took the clothes "Thanks for letting me borrow the clothes Xiao!" Venti said with a big smile. I just grunted in response before he walked towards the bathrooms.

I pulled out my phone and leaned against my locker. I saw Childe walking towards me with that stupid smirk of his. "So where's the girl that you were making out with?" He asked in a mocking manner. "Shut up. I wasn't with anyone " I said while putting my phone in my pocket. "Haha so grumpy all the time.Maybe you should hook up with someone to blow off some steam." Childe said while flashing that stupid smirk. I decided that I didn't want to talk anymore so I ignored him and looked towards the bathroom door to see if Venti was done. I heard Childe take a breath. Great he's going to open his stupid mouth again. "I've been stressed. I found a cute boy with braids" He paused then looked me in the eyes and said "Maybe i'll try to hook up with him" I was about to say something to him when Venti came skipping out of the bathroom.

"Hehe Xiao the clothes are baggy!" He said. It wasn't that i was taller it was that i liked wearing baggy clothes. I then walked past Childe and grabbed Venti's arm and said " Lets go. We need to get something to eat" While glaring at Childe. I wasn't going to let him hurt Venti. "Oh okay! See you later Childe" Venti said while smiling at him and waving bye. "Haha I'll definitely be seeing you later~" he said while smirking at me. When we finally got far enough i made the decision that if i didn't want to take care of myself i would take care of Venti. "So Xiao" Venti said while turning to look at me. "Are we friends?" I was scared to trust anyone, for they would only leave me alone. Besides I've been alone all these years. "I've been fine alone. I don't see why i would need friends now." I said still looking forward. "Besides you would just leave and never come back just like everyone" Venti suddenly stopped. I looked at him to see him look down. He looked up and locked eyes with me. "I'll save you from your biggest enemy" He said still looking at me. "Who?" I asked confused

"Yourself"