(37) Coronation

Warning- Blood and Gore. Please don't continue reading if you are sensitive to these topics. Thankyou.
(Also, this is my first time writing with this concept. Let me know how I did and where I could improve!)

You smile at your fiancé. Today Prince Ahkmenrah was going to be crowned king, and He was incredibly nervous about the whole thing. You couldn't really blame him, though. He was only seventeen after all. Ahkmenrah paces around the room, muttering to himself.

You softly giggle. "Ahk, everything will be fine. Nothing bad could possibly happen. Your family loves you, your subjects love you, and...I love you." You smile nervously and bite your lip with anticipation. You were only engaged a little while ago, and although you loved each other, you still got a bit flustered when saying the "L-word."

He stops pacing and turns to face you. His cheeks turn pink. "I l-love you too, (yn)." He says nervously scratching the back of his neck.

You walk over to him and straighten out his jeweled necklace. He cups your cheeks with his hands and brings your face to his, kissing your lips. You happily kiss him back.

"Your majesties...? Is now a bad time?"

The two of you instantly part and and turn red, chuckling nervously. "N-no..no. You're fine, Seth. What is it?" Ahkmenrah asks the messenger.

"It's time."

Ahk looks down at you and you give him a reassuring smile.

"Your majesty? Are you ready?" Seth asks.

"Yes."

:-:-:-:-:-:

You stand to the side of one of the guards during the coronation. To your right is Kahmunrah, Ahkmenrah's older brother. You didn't know him very well, as the only times you saw him were during royal events. The rest of the Prince's time was spent in his room, doing who knows what.

"You must be so proud of your brother." You softly say to him.

Kahmunrah clenches his jaw. "Of course. I'm very proud of him."

You are confused by his behavior, but brush it off so you can focus on the ceremony. the golden crown is placed on the prince's head, making him a king. The subjects all cheer, and you run up and hug Ahkmenrah.

"I'm so proud of you!" You exclaim.

Ahk picks you up by your waist and swings you in a circle in the air around him. You smile and squeal. Things were going to be perfect.

From the side, Kahmunrah scowled at his brother, jealously boiling up inside of him.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

You walk next to Ahkmenrah down the halls of the palace. The day was a success, and the whole ceremony went exactly as planned. Ahk was relived that the day was finally over, and you were just glad that he would finally be able to relax and get a decent amount of sleep.

"Thankyou for all of your support, (yn)." Ahkmenrah smiles down at you. "I never could've done this without you."

You blush. "It's the least I could do..."

"Well it means a lot to me."

You open your mouth to respond, but instead let out a loud yawn. "Oh! Excuse me..." you quickly say.

Ahk chuckles. "It's alright. We've had a long day. We'd better get to sleep." Ahk leans down and kisses your cheek. "Goodnight my love."

"G-Goodnight."

The two of you part ways to your rooms that were across the hall from each other.

You begin changing into your nightdress and softly hum, as you were absolutely over the moon about the days events. You stop humming when you hear a blood-curdling scream.

Ahk...

You rush out of the bedroom, nightdress and all, and run across the hall to your fiancé's room.
You gasp in horror at the sight in front of you. Kahmunrah was viciously stabbing Ahkmenrah in the back with a sharp dagger. Blood was flooding out of the King's body, and Kahmunrah's hands and clothes were covered in red. After one final stab in the back, Kahmunrah pulls the dagger out of the young kings flesh. Ahk falls to his knees and crumples down to the floor. You run over to him, tears already flowing down your cheeks.

"Why have you done this?!" You cry, looking at Kahmunrah through wet eyes.

"My brother never should have been king. I should have." Kahmunrah scoffs, staring at his brother with disgust.

"I'm going to tell everyone what you've done. You'll be killed for your crimes." You growl, hatred for the Kahmunrah boiling hotter and hotter with each passing moment.

"And who do you think they'll believe? The brother of the king, or his fiancé, who is a woman? I'll simply say one of the servants did it out of hatred. Then I'll take the throne as the only heir."

Your heart stops, knowing that what he says is true. The people will have no reason to believe a female over the brother of the king. Kahmunrah throws the blood-stained dagger to the ground and exits the room without another word.

You place Ahkmenrah's head on your lap and take his hand in your own. "Ahk...please..." you choke, "don't go. Stay strong for me..."

Blood was rapidly flowing out of Ahk's wounds. He was loosing too much blood too fast. You rip a piece of fabric off the bottom of your nightdress. You try to put the cloth on the young kings wounds in a futile attempt at slowing the blood flow. "(Yn)..." Ahk softly says. "Look at me...it's going... to be alright." He gasps out.

"I-I can't loose you!" You choke out.

"I love you so much.." Ahk weakly cups your cheek in his hand.

"I love you too..." you try to smile through your tears.

And with that, the kings body goes limp. His hand falls from your cheek as his breathing stops. You knew that Ahkmenrah would've done amazing things during his reign. He always wanted to help his subjects over commanding them. But now, none of that would happen. You continue to cry over Ahk's dead body, as your tears mix into his blood.

The king was dead.

Your love was dead.