047

real life !

real life !

The first day of TwitchCon is filled with adrenaline. The only downside was that Dream couldn't accompany his friends around like he would have liked. Instead, he was in a room with a microphone, for when they would have their little meet and greet. As the group walked through the now jam-packed convention centre, Aspyn began to feel anxiety overpower her previous excitement. What if they didn't like her? What if they outright make fun of her? What if she didn't meet their expectations?

George could practically feel the negative energy surging from the small girl beside him as they began walking to a small booth, and felt increasingly concerned. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He whispered near her ear. He didn't want to bombard her with questions, but also felt uncomfortable not doing anything to help. He watched as she fiddled with her fingers, which was a quirk she tended to have when she was nervous.

"I... I'm just a bit nervous," she dialled down the extent of her nervousness, not wanting to seem unreasonable or bring too much attention to herself.

George frowned and paused in his step. He turned to face her, placing both hands on her shoulder. She looked up at him, and he could see the timorous state she was in from the look in her eyes. "Breathe for me, darling. In.... out..." They took deep breathes together for a few minutes, enough to calm Aspyn's rapidly beating heart to a minimum. "Everyone loves you, and I'll be right beside you the entire time. Okay?" He laced his fingers with hers and gave her hand a small squeeze. Aspyn felt her heart flutter. He was here. George was here.

It felt nice, being heard. He didn't brush off her anxiousness like she thought he would. And he didn't even mention if he was nervous to try and downplay her own feelings. He was simply there, with her.

With a small smile, Aspyn squeezed his hand in response. "Okay."

And George kept his promise. He stood by her the entire time, only moving away if a fan wanted a picture with Aspyn or him alone. But even then, the space between them was left to a minimum. Every few minutes, he would check on her with a questioning gaze and a slight squeeze, enough to ask if she was okay without a direct, verbal question. Each time he would take out his water bottle, he would offer Aspyn a sip. It was as if this was the day Aspyn realized how much her friendship with George actually meant to her.