The Battle For Hyrule

Link and Ganondorf readied themselves in a defensive stance waiting on the other to make the first move.

The two suddenly charged at each other, the sound of metal ringing through the air as the two rivals fought for the future of the kingdom.

Link with the Master Sword studied Ganondorf trying to find an opening any where to strike. But every time he he found a weak spot Ganondorf would always be ready to guard.

Zelda watched in fear as the two dueled with Link fighting courageously and Ganondorf fighting with a demonic rage. The two grunted and panted as the fight kept going and their movements began to slow as the energy was drained from their bodies.

Link was focused on Ganondorfs's every move but something in the back of his mond kept telling him something he didn't know what it was, but it was that feeling when he pulled the Sword from its pedestal.

That feeling of having countless generations flow through him. Suddenly he felt a large amount of pain, he looked down to see Ganondorf's sword in his stomach.

"LINK"! He heard Zelda scream. He felt his head get light and his energy completely drained. 'Thus is it' he thought. 'Im going to die, i failed the kingdom'. He felt the sword inside him get pulled out as Ganondorf stood proud.

He held himself up with the Master Sword dug into the ground. He felt that feeling again but this time it was stronger than ever before. "..." "D.." "Mus... Di" He heard voices begin to call out to him getting louder and louder as he tried to figure put what they were saying. "Y... Must Di", "You Mustn't Die". A blinding light engulfed him like before.

The two figures from before stood infront of him. A third one walked out and stood next to them. They raised their hands the first said "Sky". The second said "twilight". And the third and final one said "Time".

Their hands began to glow. In unison they announced one word. "Courage". With that Links right arm throbbed in pain he felt the tingling, then the triforce symbol began to glow then there was something new.

He was shit back into reality with that new feeling radiate through his body. He looked at his right arm and saw his veins glowing a green color. Then his arm was engulfed in green energy.

At that moment Link felt more alive than he had ever felt he felt like he could fight anything. It felt amazing, he looked at his wound and saw it heal within mere seconds not even leaving a scar.

He stood up, Zelda watched in disbelief and Ganondorf watched in fear. The Master Sword glowed a bright blue, and Link charged at Ganondorf. With one thrust he felt the sword pierce the kings flesh. Ganondorf fell to the ground holding his hand over the wound.

Link stood next to him his green arm and the glowing sword held it at Ganondorfs neck. He spoke one word, "LEAVE". Ganondorf stood up and ordered his men to do as the knight said.

"Dont think this is over because one day i will rip this kingdom apart", Ganondorf said. Links arm stopped glowing and he sheathed the Master Sword.

He walked over to Zelda who stared at him in disbelief. "Link... What the hell was that", she asked him. Link just shrugged his shoulders and said "dont know".

*1 week later*

Link entered the castle and was for once able to walk around it without the threat. He walked into Zeldas room and saw the girl who had requested to see him personally. She turned around and smiled, "Pleasure to see you your highness", Link said. "Dont say that" Zelda said a little annoyed, "but youre the queen", he asked confused. "Yes but I am your friend and because of that you can call me by my name".

Link nodded, "Link i asked you to meet me here for a special reason", Link raised an eyebrow.

I cannot rule this kingdom on my own, and i have to ask would you like to become king of this kingdom". Zelda asked, "No, i cannot be King", Link said with no emotion. Zelda was taken aback people would kill to be king of Hyrule. "Why", she asked him.

"I am unfit, I have committed crime,treason and I've killed to many people with these hands, because of that i have no right to be a king". Link said, "Well can i at least make you a knight again".

Link looked rather happy she mentioned that. Zelda didn't need an answer she knew exactly what he was about to ask her. "Link, would like to be captain of the Royal guard the mab who is responsible for the safety of me".

Link nodded slowly, "Okay then, Sir Link from this day forward do you promise to protect the queen of Hyrule even if that means giving your life for her protection", She asked him. "Yes", Link said.

Zelda grabbed the Master Sword and placed it on both sides of his shoulders. "From this day forward I proclaim you as Link, the captain of the royal guard". Link stood and the now knight and queen looked over at the sunset which was more beautiful than it had ever been before.