|| 6 ||

"Just fucking, great." Y/N's whole day off was spoiled because of the 'great knight.' She knew she shouldn't have left the house, instead of being pestered by that sorry excuse of a flirt.

Though, how what was she going to do?

She absolutely hates remembering about old memories. Mostly because it was too much of a pain to try and run her brain on such disturbing matters. But a whole nother reason was unforgettable.

As she had walked around, she looked at the large windmill. It seemed like a relaxing place to stand and watch the bustling crowd of people.

Everything here was all new to her.

She didn't feel fit in, to the rest.

Especially because of her affiliation. Albedo had already known. Now Kaeya was on her tail. What was he going to do? Keep an extra eye on her, if he finds out she was an ex-harbinger? Or was she going to be kicked out? Not that she cared whether or not they do it.

No, they wouldn't kick out a civilian were they? The Acting Grand Master was too kind. She couldn't hurt a fly if she could. Y/N knew they wouldn't stand a chance against somebody like her. There was a large difference between power, and pure strength and agility.

Before she knew it, she was on the very top of the platform of the windmill.

She likes time to herself. It helps to think of things, when she feels uneasy. Though she also, was never the type to become uneasy. So what was she so... scared for? Unless it was another feeling she felt.

Resting her forearms on the wooden railing, she leaned her body forward. As the fence part of it had made sure not to let her fall.

She started to feel tired. Not as a sleepy kind. She felt like there was nothing left for her to do. Nothing for her to feel, or express herself. She yearned to feel free of the shackles that had been attached to her own living body. Hoping that one day, she wouldn't be used. Was this a part of her feeling lonely, as Klee had asked her?

Feelings seem unnecessary. And a waste of time to think about. But she couldn't help but feel— well, feelings.

"Ah, you're here?" The same softer and calmer voice she recognized. One that she had actually liked.

"Hello Miss!" Better yet, a cheerful voice called out to her. She didn't dislike it. Her stern reaction softened, seeing the small child in red, greet her with every ounce of muscle in her face to create her large smile.

Y/N's gaze of her eyes went back up to the man, before resting her chin on her palm. As a small smile was seen, as she had watched them.

"Hello Klee. And Mr. Chief Alchemist." This time, surprising the male, she didn't seem bothered by him. It was as if her cold daggers, melted. To that of the eyes of an angel.
Which— on his end, might have been an over exaggeration. But him, having the artistic mind, his thoughts are creative.

Klee gasped loudly, nearly exploding in happiness, mixed with days of sunshine and rainbows. Spewing out around her.

"Miss! You smiled! You can smile!"

"Klee, that's a little rude. Even she can smile."

Y/N's expression fell back to her stoic face, after hearing his comment. And looked back the other way across Mondstadt.

Klee rubbed the back of her head slightly guilty. There was nothing for Klee to feel guilty though, however. It was more Albedo.

Y/N almost put a hand over her mouth, as she realized she actually let her guard down for once in front of him. A Favonius. Why had she felt so comfortable around them?

Quite frankly, maybe because compared to the situation with Kaeya moments ago, this atmosphere felt more innocent. And nothing to feel hasty of.

Albedo realized his comment was just as rude, and looked back up to see Y/N looking elsewhere away from the two siblings. Then he, himself rubbed the back of his head with a troubled face.

"I apologize. That was quite rude of me."

Y/N switched her front leg with her back one, as she confused facing out in the open.

"No. It's alright. I didn't expect to smile myself. And as far as I know, I don't remember when I last had." She replied calmly, after she sighed.

It was a sigh of content. No irritation.

"Miss, you don't smile very often do you?" Klee asked while flopping herself down next to her legs, taking off her backpack.

Y/N moved her chin down to see her rummaging through her backpack, and she watched curiously.

Albedo had leaned against the large windmill pillar as he took out his own sketchbook and chalk again. About to sketch the view.

"Here! I'll let you borrow Dodoco!" Klee reached her arm out, as a small fluffy ball was inside it.

Y/N's ears perked at this, and pointed to herself. "To me?"

Klee nodded several times.

Y/N held Dodoco in her own hand, as she felt the fluffiness.

"Why are you letting me borrow Dodoco?" Her voice was a lot less intimidating.

"When Klee is sad, Dodoco makes Klee happy. So, if Dodoco can make Miss happy, then Miss will be able to smile for often! And Klee thinks, that when anybody smiles or is happy, they look much more better!"

How this child had a creative mind. Some kinder words that made her heart clench, in joy. These were words she wished was said to her before.

Albedo watched for her reaction, while pretending to move his chalk around on his paper, stealing glances.

"Klee... you're a kind child aren't you?" Klee didn't have her hat on this time, and Y/N was able to ruffle the top of her hair, as her pigtails had shuffled from the movement.

"Oh! Big brother Albedo! We picked up a flower, right?! Show it to Miss!"

Albedo complied, as he placed the sketchbook in between his arm. And brought out a cecilia flower.

Y/N recognized it.

"We found it on the ground near area that leads up to the cathedral." Albedo answered as he handed her the cecilia flower.

'Isn't that—'

"I think I saw you drop it." Albedo said with a hint, as if he read her mind.

Y/N gently picked the flower from his gloved fingers.

Klee looked back between her brother and
Y/N in wonder. Then put a hand to her chin, deep in thought.

"Yeah. I dropped it..." Y/N's voice was small, that had covered the tone of her trying to hide her emotions. "I guess I didn't notice." She held Dodoco in one hand, and the flower in her other.

She smiled once more, and placed the flower behind her ear.

Klee had a large grin on her face. To Y/N, she seemed happy. But Albedo... he saw a glint of mischief looking his way— directly at him. Or more of a teasing look.

Klee motioned Albedo to lean down towards her level. And she whispered in his ear, making sure Y/N didn't hear.

"Big brother Albedo, do you like seeing Miss smile?"

Albedo leaned back away from the child. And gave her a long stare, as Klee nervously shifted under him.

"Yeah, I do." He said it out loud, leaving Y/N not understanding what he meant by that. As Klee smiled even more than she already had been.