Wendigo

Sam jolted awake in the passenger seat of the impala.

Alison was asleep, Dean glanced at him.

"You okay?" Dean asked as Sam rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sam said it like it was obvious.

"Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat loudly, trying to change the subject.

"Want to drive for a while?" Dean asked.

Sam looked at him, and chuckled.

"In your whole life, you never once asked me that." Sam pointed out.

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean said.

"All right, look, man, I know you're worried about me. I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam said.

"Mm-Hmm." Dean just went along with it.

"All right." Sam cleared his throat and grabbed the map on the dash. "Where are we?" He asked.

"We are just outside of grand junction." Dean told him.

Sam took in a deep breath.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." He said looking at the map in his hands.

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing." Dean reminded his brother. "If we want to find the thing that killed Jessica—"

"We got to find dad first." Sam finished for him.

"Dad disappearing, and this thing showing up again after 20 years? It's no coincidence." Dean said. "Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us, this black water ridge..." Sam trailed off.

"What about it?" Dean asked.

"There's nothing there. It's just woods." Sam dropped the map into his lap and looked up. "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" He questioned.

Dean looked over at him, before turning down a road.

~~~

"So black water ridge is pretty remote." Sam said.

Alison sniffled, dean had to wake her up. She wasn't happy, and what made it worse was that she ran out of apple juice.

"It's cut off by these canyons here— rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place..." Sam trailed off looking over a big map of the area.

"Dude, check out the size of this friggin' bear." Dean said, adjusting Ali on his hip as they looked at a picture.

Sam turned his head to look at them then walked over to them.

"And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area." Sam added on. "It's no nature hike, that's for sure."

Alison watched as a ranger walked up behind them.