Ch 243: Messiah Part 2

Where am I? Oh, I must've been unconscious.

Ouch! My head hurts.

How did I fall unconscious? Was it the avalanche?

When Lin Ye slowly opens his eyes, what he sees was not snow, nor mountains, but a wooden room.

The sound of wind chimes rang in his ears, and a faint fragrance filled his nose.

"Oh, you're already up. Come and have a cup of tea."

He heard a soothing female voice.

Lin Ye gets up. He doesn't know if it was because of him being out for so long but his body seems to know what to do.

Seemingly on autopilot, he gets up, walks, and then sits down on a wooden chair. Then, he has a cup of warm tea in his hand, he drinks the warm tea, and then his tired body became a little more comfortable.

"You should be better now. It should be only a little bit longer I can see you." It's the girl's voice again, "But I still make my own way to you, because I really want to talk to you."

Who is this?

Lin Ye knows that the girl talking to him is sitting next to him, but he didn't turn his head to see who the girl is.

Instead, he kept thinking about who this voice belongs to. He feels that this voice is very familiar, but he also feels that it isn't. He didn't know where he had heard it before or if it this just him imagining things.

"Don't think too much about it." The girl says with a smile, "Look over there, the dead tree is about to give birth to leaves again."

Lin Ye raises his head and looks at the tree outside of a window.

He sees a dead tree in the courtyard, but a new leaf seems to have grown on one of the dead branches.

"Don't think too much about the past." The girl says softly, "The cause that was planted at the beginning is now about to bear fruit."

Lin Ye didn't understand what the girl meant, but he could feel that the girl seems to like talking to him.

"Wait a bit longer. We will be able to finally meet." The girl says with a smile, "Goodbye." Footsteps fade away from him.

When Lin Ye finally realized that he could turn his head, the girl was no longer there, and there is only a cup of hot tea with white mist beside him. He lifts the teacup to his face. He finds that there seemed to be words engraved on the cup, and he straightens his arms and looks at the cup.

It is very rough lettering. He lightly utters the words on it "Messiah?"

As if in response to him, there was a cat cry in the courtyard.

He raises his head and finds that a cat appeared under the tree and it is meowing at him. This is a very special cat.

You are- his thought is cut off when he heard another voice.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"You finally woke up."

When he opened his eyes, he sees Matterhorn sitting next to him.

"How is your recovery?" he asks.

"It's okay, there seems to be nothing uncomfortable anymore." Lin Ye answers,

Looking around, he finds himself lying in a not-so-large room. The furniture in the room is all wooden, including the floor, beams, and windows.

This made Lin You feel a little confused. Wasn't he in a different room before and was in the care of a girl.