9: Conflagrations

**Trigger warning

**Trigger warning.**

***Mentions of sexual assault***

Conflagrations (n.): Wildfire.

“The god of war hates those who hesitate.” -Euripides

Adrianna’s POV:

Adrianna’s POV:

I had been 15 when I first slept with someone.

It was a boy from the orphanage, he was 18.

Mother Larissa always told me that my body was a temple. It was pure, divine, it should be sacrificed to serve god. It should not be touched by different men for it defiles the temple and it’s purity.

She  would always say, “Adrianna, you are a beautiful girl. When you grow up, men will want to lure you into sleeping with them. They will want to take advantage of you. Remember to settle for the right person.”

I never had the luxury of having a real mother, so she was my mother for me. I was obliged to obey her and respect her.

Needless to say, when she found out that I was having sex despite being 15, she was disappointed.

I could never muster up the courage to tell her that I didn’t want to have sex. My body wanted it.

By the time I turned 17, I had come to learn that there were different kinds of touches.

There was this touch that elicited deep desire within me, the touch that made my body warm all over. And then there was this touch that made me feel safe, home. A kind of touch that made my skin crawl, head swirl with nausea and made me want to crawl up in a hole and cry.

The later one was the kind of touch that was completely opposite of the warm and safe touch. It was the kind that disregarded your humanity, made goosebumps arise through your skin and felt you filthy. It was the kind of touch Mother Larissa warned me about.

As time went, I became a victim to the later kind of touch. It was as if men took my body as free access.

The worst part?