28

It was one of those nights that Eunha had escaped to the clearing in the forest

It was one of those nights that Eunha had escaped to the clearing in the forest. Soft love songs blaring from her earphones as she desperately tried to fall asleep while watching the night sky.

A sigh escaping her lips as she leaned her head against the tree trunk-thinking about her present, and her future.

She had a lot of dreams that she wanted to fulfill, but her being the next alpha in line might hinder her in her plans.

She would be lying if she said she never thought about escaping, but a lot of wolves from their clan depended on her-and so if this clearing was her only escape then she would be content.

Lavender and roses, reminding herself once again that she should honestly ask the perfume the boy used.

Slipping the earphones away from her ears, her head turned towards where he would usually show himself.

"You know it's cold but you never bring your jacket"

Was the greeting he told her as he stood infront of her. His dark hair down and a bit wet as if he just got out the shower.

His eyes hiding behind the thin frame of his glasses while he wore the hoodie Eunha could only guess was the one he wore earlier.

"I was in a hurry to get out"

Renjun responded with a hum, climbing up the tree and sitting in his usual branch that was just a tad bit high off the ground.

"Who would've known that you and I would share a comfort spot"

"Yeah-I think I'm supposed to be mean to you? Aren't I?"

Eunha looked up to find Renjun looking down at her, their eyes meeting for a split second before returning back to the sky.

"I don't even know why you were mean to me"

Eunha pouted-squeezing her eyes shut as she let out a sneeze then aother. Renjun looked back at her- sighing as he quietly removed his hoodie and letting it fall on her.

"Maybe I was still salty about your three friends"

It was silent as Eunha peered at the boy, squinting her eyes at the hoodie that lay on her head.

"Are you going to wear that or not?"

Wordlessly the girl slipped the hoodie over her head-the still warm clothing making her sigh in satisfaction.

"Do you want to talk about what happened to you guys?"

Silence engulfed the two of them, only the rustling of leaves and branches can be heard before Renjun parted his mouth open.

"That's a story for another time, shouldn't you be asleep?"

"It's Sunday tomorrow"

"So?"

Eunha looked at the boy brows raised as if he said a really peculiar thing.

"I don't have to wake up early"

"It's not healthy to always sleep late you know"

The girl pouted again, getting up and climbing the tree sitting next to Renjun. The boy trying to make her scooch but failed miserably.

"Social Distancing"

"What?"

"Nothing"

Renjun mumbled stifling a chuckle at her confused expression. They stayed there for a few minutes-somehow sharing the music Eunha was listening to just a few minutes ago.

"Oh right-Renjun what perfume do you use?"

"Why?"

"You smell like lavender and roses"

The boy's eyes widened, mouth agape as he stared at the girl.

"Does anyone else smells like flowers to you?"

"No?"

Renjun coughed, turning away from the girl who was panicking.

"Why what's wrong?"

"Nothing-and I don't use perfume, it might be the fabric softener"

And that was how they spent their Saturday night together- love songs and random topics about anything the universe had to offer.